Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So ive spent a jovial year at Durham with much druken tomfoolery. I was lucky enough to pass and achieve a low 2:1 for PPE. I have a few minor society positions. I have come to a stage where i have decided to grow up, work hard and play hard. What sort of EC should i aim for? Get in for a sport? Volunteer as well?

All information will be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Start a business and be successful enough to pay your student debts, whilst being the union president and captain of the rugby team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forever_lost)
    So ive spent a jovial year at Durham with much druken tomfoolery. I was lucky enough to pass and achieve a low 2:1 for PPE. I have a few minor society positions. I have come to a stage where i have decided to grow up, work hard and play hard. What sort of EC should i aim for? Get in for a sport? Volunteer as well?
    That's a completely flawed approach. You should do EC's that you enjoy doing, and not which look good on your CV. How do you expect to sell smthing at an interview that you haven't enjoyed practicing? A friend of mine didn't really care about ECs, except for mountaneering - so last summer he climbed mt. Kilimanjaro. Apparently it went down amazingly well with virtually all his interviewers.
    Do whatever suits you.

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who look to fill their CVs with crap. It is always so damn obvious that this person did it to try to ace the interview, and I reckon interviewers know it too. Like Szeles said, do something you actually believe in, padding your CV with crap is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

ReputationRep:
    pimping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rboogie)
    pimping
    recent market growth is crap :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    recent market growth is crap :/

Hey, no one said pimpin was easy.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, no one said pimpin was easy.
    I guess, but what are the swing factors for pimpin you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortfolioManager)

Not earning 20k a year pro-rata I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Inherent asset reproduction capability?

ReputationRep:
    Not earning 20k a year pro-rata I reckon.
    I am in BB IB, I rejected 20k salary place. My current salary is waaaay above 20k pro-rata

Hows back office?

ReputationRep:
    I am in BB IB, I rejected 20k salary place. My current salary is waaaay above 20k pro-rata

Hows back office?

haha, someone's a little touchy...grr - it must be angry portfolio manager thursday. You'd definitely get your hoes in place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Inherent asset reproduction capability?

haha, damn birth control .

ReputationRep:
    haha, someone's a little touchy...grr - it must be angry portfolio manager thursday. You'd definitely get your hoes in place.
    Not really, its chilled out today...how about you? Busy with the trade reconciliations?

ReputationRep:
    Not really, its chilled out today...how about you? Busy with the trade reconciliations?

haha, yeah, with all the range rovers and chelsea inhabitants around we must be reconciliating like mofo's.

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure why the two of you keep jumping on each other's backs for no apparent reason.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite comical actually...these guys clearly have a few insecurites about themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimez)
    It's quite comical actually...these guys clearly have a few insecurites about themselves.

Yeah man, I'm all (in)security and no action!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.