Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 14 (turning to be 15) yr old, so i didn't practically lie about my age. I'm trying to find a good university to go to and my aim is to.. get a decent job from there. I'm in a kind of poor country where stealing and littering on the floor is.. normal. So i'd really appreciate somewhere out of there. The US or UK would sound great, but currently I am in a British international school, and to be honest i think international schools fall behind the normal curriculum but anyways skipping that..
    I tried searching for good universities i could go to, not necessarily be able to actually go to, but Oxford, KCL, warwick, stanford, harvard, cambridge, UCL, LSE was what i could grab from the internet, MIT, Caltech, Yale.
    It really depends on the topic of the subject which i like. For math(s) I could say i like trigonometry but not a fan of brackets and for an eg: 2(2-4+8)3(5-9+5)
    Science-Biology, gravity but not solar eclipses and other stuff connected to other planets
    Geo-Animal Kingdom and such, not Erosion or Weathering
    History-Nicholas Tsar II, not WW1 or WW2
    International computer training (ICT)- Practically everything from making websites on Wix or Webs (don't necessarily like the website itself), Scratch (the yellow orangy cat), and am currently trying out adobe creative cloud to start animating but the animation thing doesn't work.
    Like to write, but due to my laziness I didn't finish it, a fanfic about Erin hunter and warrior cats.
    (Btw if anyone found a website where i could start animation from my sketch and to create my own website for free without examplehere.webs.com or example2nd.wix.com, please tell me)
    My family's poor, but are trying to get every coin out of themselves and their jobs so that i can go there. Reason I can't go to a normal school is because (won't make myself clear here) it's a language neither i nor my family understand.

I'd seriously understand if some of you just got out of the topic the moment you saw the amount writing (and probably errors), but I'd really appreciate your help.. it could really change/shape my future.. or maybe not but who knows?..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Newbie.)
    I'm a 14 (turning to be 15) yr old, so i didn't practically lie about my age. I'm trying to find a good university to go to and my aim is to.. get a decent job from there. I'm in a kind of poor country where stealing and littering on the floor is.. normal. So i'd really appreciate somewhere out of there. The US or UK would sound great, but currently I am in a British international school, and to be honest i think international schools fall behind the normal curriculum but anyways skipping that..
    I tried searching for good universities i could go to, not necessarily be able to actually go to, but Oxford, KCL, warwick, stanford, harvard, cambridge, UCL, LSE was what i could grab from the internet, MIT, Caltech, Yale.
    It really depends on the topic of the subject which i like. For math(s) I could say i like trigonometry but not a fan of brackets and for an eg: 2(2-4+8)3(5-9+5)
    Science-Biology, gravity but not solar eclipses and other stuff connected to other planets
    International computer training (ICT)- Practically everything from making websites on Wix or Webs (don't necessarily like the website itself), Scratch (the yellow orangy cat), and am currently trying out adobe creative cloud to start animating but the animation thing doesn't work.
    Like to write, but due to my laziness I didn't finish it, a fanfic about Erin hunter and warrior cats.
    (Btw if anyone found a website where i could start animation from my sketch and to create my own website for free without examplehere.webs.com or example2nd.wix.com, please tell me)
    My family's poor, but are trying to get every coin out of themselves and their jobs so that i can go there. Reason I can't go to a normal school is because (won't make myself clear here) it's a language neither i nor my family understand.

I'd seriously understand if some of you just got out of the topic the moment you saw the amount writing (and probably errors), but I'd really appreciate your help.. it could really change/shape my future.. or maybe not but who knows?..
    Pick a uni you like the look of (any uni, it doesn't matter at this stage) and look through the degrees they offer. You will find that there are degrees in just biology, and also degrees in things like animal science or zoology. So you will be able to find a degree that matches your interests, you just need to be more aware of what is available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newbie.)

For now its probably a bit early to decide what degree you want to study. Choose a subject you will do pretty well in and hopefully enjoy it too. Do some more research into the universities, theres many other good unis other than the ones you have listed. There's plenty of graduate jobs out there that don't need a specific university or degree, its up to how good you are mostly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.