Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Kent 2004 Freshers Week watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think this is relevant...anyone who is starting at Kent University in Sep 2004, here are the important freshers dates:

* On-campus accommodation will be available from 18 September 2004.

* All new students must arrive at Kent by the end of 20 September 2004, or earlier if specifically notified.

* Relevant registration dates and Orientation events will be published soon in the Orientation packs currently in preparation. These will be available online and posted to you soon.

* All new students are expected to participate in the Orientation Week events between 20 - 24 September 2004.

* Teaching starts on 27 September 2004.

ReputationRep:
    Information relating to Kent Freshers Week will appear here in the near future, at the moment there is still information from 2003, although some of the guides and general information is still useful, and valid.

Thanks to Kent UoS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)

* All new students must arrive at Kent by the end of 20 September 2004, or earlier if specifically notified.
    Cheers...I wonder what people would need to be there earlier than the 20th? I'm going to a wedding on the 18th. I hope they don't tell me to start earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessKaty)
    Cheers...I wonder what people would need to be there earlier than the 20th? I'm going to a wedding on the 18th. I hope they don't tell me to start earlier
    No, you should be fine...I think I am going to arrive on either the 18th or 19th - depends on which is best for the parentals as I don't think I will fit everything in my car!

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that the British people don't usually go for a masters course and particularly a Computing course?
    Correct me if am wrong. :eek:
    I will be doing MSc in Distributed Systems and Networking @ Canterbury.
    Anyone else for masters?

ReputationRep:
    heh, If I'm doing masters it's not something I'll be deciding now.. It'll mean a 5 year course at any rate.

Useful info.. someone has a party planned on the 18th, shouldn't clash tho, mehopes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoGgEr!)
    heh, If I'm doing masters it's not something I'll be deciding now.. It'll mean a 5 year course at any rate.

Useful info.. someone has a party planned on the 18th, shouldn't clash tho, mehopes
    I imagine most people will be moving in on the 19th.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.