Turn on thread page Beta

Has every1 sent off their uni accomodation forms? watch

ReputationRep:
    I havn't yet got round to doing so but will definately do so 2mrw. My deadline is August 1 so I have 2 weeks anyway.

I was jus wondering if every1 has got round to doing so

ReputationRep:
    I've done mine (for Bristol), but only days before the 12th July deadline

ReputationRep:
    Sent off, sorted, got my accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    Sent off mine ages ago but haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed I get to live where I want to.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off 2 weeks ago. (only because I got an e-mail from the uni saying that it was due!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Sent off mine ages ago but haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed I get to live where I want to.
    Where is it you want to live? And when do you think we'll be told?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessKaty)
    Where is it you want to live? And when do you think we'll be told?
    Park Wood...I hope we get told soon 'cause I'd hate to end up in college halls. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, me too. I don't care whereabouts I am, as long as it's self catering. I'm too picky to eat other peoples' food. I imagined they wouldn't tell us until after results day. Which is ages. Suck.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, me too. I don't care whereabouts I am, as long as it's self catering. I'm too picky to eat other peoples' food. I imagined they wouldn't tell us until after results day. Which is ages. Suck.
    Definitely sucky, especially as I have my results already. Although I do remember them saying as long as you send it in prior to the deadline then you are guaranteed your first choice. It seems as though most have opted for halls anyway. I just didn't see the point of paying extra for just breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    I filled mine in online about 30 minutes after the form opened. So, I'm hoping I'm in with a chance for my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's good. Yuh, I've got my results too. Everyone I spoke to at the open day said they wanted self-catering, I just found it weird because I don't really eat breakfast, and thus it would be pointless. Oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    I filled mine in online about 30 minutes after the form opened. So, I'm hoping I'm in with a chance for my first choice.
    Wow you were quick. I did send mine off within the given deadline (June 30th) but I've decided I don't want to live at Uni so I won't be too dissapointed if I don't get my first choice accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that's good. Yuh, I've got my results too. Everyone I spoke to at the open day said they wanted self-catering, I just found it weird because I don't really eat breakfast, and thus it would be pointless. Oh well
    Oh, most people I spoke to said halls... anyway, fingers crossed. What are you going to be studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Wow you were quick. I did send mine off within the given deadline (June 30th) but I've decided I don't want to live at Uni so I won't be too dissapointed if I don't get my first choice accomodation.
    Well my politics lesson got cancelled, and since I had nothing better to do, I just sat in the students union office and filled it in.

Are you staying at home then if you don't want to live at Uni?

ReputationRep:
    Bugger, I meant catered, not self-catered. I was agreeing with you!

I'm doing Social Policy, you're Computer Science, yeah? I know they have a good department for that.

ReputationRep:
    Well my politics lesson got cancelled, and since I had nothing better to do, I just sat in the students union office and filled it in.

Are you staying at home then if you don't want to live at Uni?
    Yep. My parents will be spending most of their time in the US, so I'll be living at home with my sister but if I did get my 1st choice...then I'd rethink, even though I live only 1/2 an hour away from my uni

ReputationRep:
    Bugger, I meant catered, not self-catered. I was agreeing with you!

I'm doing Social Policy, you're Computer Science, yeah? I know they have a good department for that.
    Yep, looking forward to it. Hoping there will be some relatively normal people on the course though rather than geeks who have spent too long at LAN parties...

ReputationRep:
    Yep. My parents will be spending most of their time in the US, so I'll be living at home with my sister but if I did get my 1st choice...then I'd rethink
    I don't think I bear to go to Uni and live at home... my family drive me up the wall. And much as I love Manchester, it's about time I experienced somewhere new.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I bear to go to Uni and live at home... my family drive me up the wall. And much as I love Manchester, it's about time I experienced somewhere new.
    Well if my parents were staying home then I wouldn't have considered it. As much as I love them I'm looking forward to becoming more independent (and eating what I want - haha that means I need someone to teach me to cook fast).

ReputationRep:
    Well if my parents were staying home then I wouldn't have considered it. As much as I love them I'm looking forward to becoming more independent (and eating what I want - haha that means I need someone to teach me to cook fast).
    Well I'm staying in halls, so I get to put that off for another year. It should be an interesting experience though... :cool:

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.