Has every1 sent off their uni accomodation forms?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Frances)
Well I'm staying in halls, so I get to put that off for another year. It should be an interesting experience though... :cool:
I haven't completely ruled out living at Uni but it's a possibilty. The accomodation at Kings is terrible apart from Stamford Street Apts. I couldn't live in the halls (catering) because I'm a picky eater and eat at the most random times.
edufly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Is every1 applying for a room with wash basin? I have to decide but if I wanted a wash basin in my room it would cost an extra 300 quid for the year.

Is it really needed do ya think?
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i filled in my forms and have had a reply already. i didn't get my first choice, but go my 2nd choice so i'm pretty happy.

lou xxx
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
Is every1 applying for a room with wash basin? I have to decide but if I wanted a wash basin in my room it would cost an extra 300 quid for the year.

No, unless you feel you need to brush your teeth in private...!
slowjamz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)

Not really. I want one because I want to be able to get a glass of water in the middle of the night without too far to go, and because I wear contact lenses and don't fancy trekking to a bathroom half blind to wash my hands before I can put them in. But they're not exactly an essential item. I don't get a choice whether I get one on my form anyway; some rooms have en suites, some don't even have sinks, and it's a total lottery.
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i recieved my last week, so for all of you who asked you should have got it by now if not then wait another week at most and give them a call.
who_me
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Has anyone heard anything from Kent yet regarding accommodation?
PrincessKaty
Report 15 years ago
Nup
who_me
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PrincessKaty)
Nup
I got a letter today from Kent asking if I would mind being in a block of Park Wood that is near a building area...and that they would reduce the rent accordingly. I said no obviously...the reduction in rent was only 200 quid from the total cost...heres hoping I still get a place in park wood tho...!! ah well, at least I know they got my accommodation form!!
PrincessKaty
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by who_me)
I got a letter today from Kent asking if I would mind being in a block of Park Wood that is near a building area...and that they would reduce the rent accordingly. I said no obviously...the reduction in rent was only 200 quid from the total cost...heres hoping I still get a place in park wood tho...!! ah well, at least I know they got my accommodation form!!
Oh wow! I'll be waiting for the postman tomorrow then....hmm, I don't want to be near a building area for £200 less either...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.94%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.88%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.97%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.73%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.3%

Watched Threads