Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Has every1 sent off their uni accomodation forms? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Well I'm staying in halls, so I get to put that off for another year. It should be an interesting experience though... :cool:
    I haven't completely ruled out living at Uni but it's a possibilty. The accomodation at Kings is terrible apart from Stamford Street Apts. I couldn't live in the halls (catering) because I'm a picky eater and eat at the most random times.

ReputationRep:
    Is every1 applying for a room with wash basin? I have to decide but if I wanted a wash basin in my room it would cost an extra 300 quid for the year.

Is it really needed do ya think?

ReputationRep:
    i filled in my forms and have had a reply already. i didn't get my first choice, but go my 2nd choice so i'm pretty happy.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    Is every1 applying for a room with wash basin? I have to decide but if I wanted a wash basin in my room it would cost an extra 300 quid for the year.

No, unless you feel you need to brush your teeth in private...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)

Not really. I want one because I want to be able to get a glass of water in the middle of the night without too far to go, and because I wear contact lenses and don't fancy trekking to a bathroom half blind to wash my hands before I can put them in. But they're not exactly an essential item. I don't get a choice whether I get one on my form anyway; some rooms have en suites, some don't even have sinks, and it's a total lottery.

ReputationRep:
    i recieved my last week, so for all of you who asked you should have got it by now if not then wait another week at most and give them a call.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Kent yet regarding accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Nup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessKaty)
    Nup
    I got a letter today from Kent asking if I would mind being in a block of Park Wood that is near a building area...and that they would reduce the rent accordingly. I said no obviously...the reduction in rent was only 200 quid from the total cost...heres hoping I still get a place in park wood tho...!! ah well, at least I know they got my accommodation form!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I got a letter today from Kent asking if I would mind being in a block of Park Wood that is near a building area...and that they would reduce the rent accordingly. I said no obviously...the reduction in rent was only 200 quid from the total cost...heres hoping I still get a place in park wood tho...!! ah well, at least I know they got my accommodation form!!
    Oh wow! I'll be waiting for the postman tomorrow then....hmm, I don't want to be near a building area for £200 less either...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.