Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically my contract runs out with Vodafone on September 2nd and i'm looking to leave them because they're frankly quite rubbish... plus I've been with them for over 10 years and couldn't offer me a good deal But I have to basically tell them that I'm leaving by August 2nd.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 6s and so far the best deal that I've found is with Tesco. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they any good or should I try and find a deal with EE or O2 etc?

It is so frustrating as I don't mind paying up to £100 up front, but I'd rather the monthly fee was down to £30-40. Unfortunately, they love to get you on a long contract with high monthly fees

So any advice on my situation TSRians? I need you :bigsmile:

P.S. I know this is in the wrong forums, but oh well - I'm a hardnut
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    Basically my contract runs out with Vodafone on September 2nd and i'm looking to leave them because they're frankly quite rubbish... plus I've been with them for over 10 years and couldn't offer me a good deal But I have to basically tell them that I'm leaving by August 2nd.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 6s and so far the best deal that I've found is with Tesco. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they any good or should I try and find a deal with EE or O2 etc?

It is so frustrating as I don't mind paying up to £100 up front, but I'd rather the monthly fee was down to £30-40. Unfortunately, they love to get you on a long contract with high monthly fees

So any advice on my situation TSRians? I need you :bigsmile:

P.S. I know this is in the wrong forums, but oh well - I'm a hardnut
    what phone do you have currently? Would you instead considering trading it in and buying the phone upfront and stick it on a sim only contract. I traded in my old iphone 4s at the apple store and got £70 for it, then bought an SE and kept my current contract (i had 11 months off and vodafone buy out price was horrendous so buying the phone was cheaper :P) . Also the SE's cheaper and reasonably similar spec to the 6S apart from being smaller

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    what phone do you have currently? Would you instead considering trading it in and buying the phone upfront and stick it on a sim only contract. I traded in my old iphone 4s at the apple store and got £70 for it, then bought an SE and kept my current contract (i had 11 months off and vodafone buy out price was horrendous so buying the phone was cheaper :P) . Also the SE's cheaper and reasonably similar spec to the 6S apart from being smaller
    Sorry for the belated reply! I currently have the iPhone 5c, which is so bad because of the storage capacity Literally having to delete more and more apps each week!

Hmmm I suppose that is an approach I could try.. I have been tempted to get the SE instead because that is a lot cheaper, but I kind of want a bigger phone! It's annoying that my contract ends then because the new iPhone will announced soon so it may see a drop in price anyway
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Sorry for the belated reply! I currently have the iPhone 5c, which is so bad because of the storage capacity Literally having to delete more and more apps each week!

Hmmm I suppose that is an approach I could try.. I have been tempted to get the SE instead because that is a lot cheaper, but I kind of want a bigger phone! It's annoying that my contract ends then because the new iPhone will announced soon so it may see a drop in price anyway
    I've just realized that i wrote the wrong iphone, i had a 5c :P . The SE is a major improvement in comparison so far (16gb seems to be more than enough so far), the cameras and touch id is brilliant. I much prefer this size to the 6s (as my hands are tiny:P) too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I've got my new phone (iPhone 6s, 12GB data + unlim. everything else inc. tethering) with Three after leaving Vodafone because they're bloody awful. It cost me £49 upfront for the handset and for 6 months it's £24 then £48 for 18 months. Hope that maybe helps? Dad uses Tesco and says they're OK but things can be a bit patchy with them sometimes.

Also, moving this to Mobile Phones smh.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I say new phone because I dropped and broke my old phone whilst horrifically drunk. Such a good role model.

ReputationRep:
    I've just realized that i wrote the wrong iphone, i had a 5c :P . The SE is a major improvement in comparison so far (16gb seems to be more than enough so far), the cameras and touch id is brilliant. I much prefer this size to the 6s (as my hands are tiny:P) too.
    The decision is too hard I have quite big hands though or at least long fingers!

(Original post by iEthan)
    I've got my new phone (iPhone 6s, 12GB data + unlim. everything else inc. tethering) with Three after leaving Vodafone because they're bloody awful. It cost me £49 upfront for the handset and for 6 months it's £24 then £48 for 18 months. Hope that maybe helps? Dad uses Tesco and says they're OK but things can be a bit patchy with them sometimes.

Also, moving this to Mobile Phones smh.
    Hmm I did look into Three! I think il just have to weigh up and the pros and cons and just got for it :afraid:

Hahah sorry i didn't realise there was a mobile phone forum my bad!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    The decision is too hard I have quite big hands though or at least long fingers!

Hmm I did look into Three! I think il just have to weigh up and the pros and cons and just got for it :afraid:

Hahah sorry i didn't realise there was a mobile phone forum my bad!
    Don't you have global moderation permissions?? You could have typed in the drop down to check!! Seriously tho, good luck! Try popping into store
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Do you live near an apple shop?:P

ReputationRep:
    Don't you have global moderation permissions?? You could have typed in the drop down to check!! Seriously tho, good luck! Try popping into store
    I'm not sure... apologies I still have much to learn :adore:

Do you live near an apple shop?:P
    I do I think I'll pop into it tomorrow

Thanks for the help from both of you! I appreciate it
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Now let me find the promoting under age drinking card...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'm not sure... apologies I still have much to learn :adore:

I do I think I'll pop into it tomorrow

Thanks for the help from both of you! I appreciate it
    No problem man!! You probably do have a look at the ~orange tools~

Now let me find the promoting under age drinking card...
    Now, Claire... let's not... be hasty here..
    Plus you don't mod this section so :eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    I've been with Tesco for years and they've always been brilliant, never had any problems with their service at all

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend EE. My nerdy tenancies found that EE has the best UK coverage for non-euro phones, meaning that your iPhone has better coverage everywhere, including in Europe.

I'm no longer with them for other reasons, but when I was with them I had no problem. Support were usually competent.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Crystalyne)
    I'd recommend EE. My nerdy tenancies found that EE has the best UK coverage for non-euro phones, meaning that your iPhone has better coverage everywhere, including in Europe.

I'm no longer with them for other reasons, but when I was with them I had no problem. Support were usually competent.
    I'd also recommend EE (that is who I'm with at the moment) because they have a very good network - they have the most 3G/4G coverage out of all the operators, and the data speeds are very fast in most areas too.

O2 and Vodafone tend to have a lot more 2G only areas, though they are steadily improving.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.