Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which GCSE subject takes the 'GCSE Colouring' crown? watch

ReputationRep:
    What paper for what subject has the most colouring / Shading/sketching???

The ones I think of:
    Geography
    Resistant Materials
    Maths

Art

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pens&Papers)
    Art
    Does art have a paper?

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly, GCSE Geography for me had barely any colouring. Same with AS and A2.

Also - in geography exam papers, there's no colouring in sadly. Although, I have to admit that you have to draw diagrams for some questions, though I think there was only one diagram question in my GCSE Geography paper.

Art GCSE was all coursework I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Maths

ReputationRep:
    Geography isn't really about colouring in. It's about having things coloured in for you which you then have to interpret.

You get choropleth-PTSD after a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    What paper for what subject has the most colouring / Shading/sketching???

The ones I think of:
    Geography
    Resistant Materials
    Maths
    Considering that all papers for all subjects are scanned to be sent to examiners electronically, literally all GCSE subjects are mostly done in traditional, black ink. However, prior to GCSE, such as Year 9, biology and geography had the most colouring in. I can't tell you how many times we had to colour and label all the different organs of each organ system, or colour and label rivers, countries, mountains in those subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I personally think the whole Geography and colouring in thing is just offensive and is rude. On my GCSE paper, didn't have to draw one diagram or colour in. People enjoy stereotyping it that way but forget about the case studies and piles of information you need to learn. Although you need to know sketches to assist In explanations, it is NOT colouring in and should be treated as a much better subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths- Because there's Loci.

ReputationRep:
    one and only
    Spoiler:
    Show
    MATHS :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Graphics. I had to colour in a bloody toy train. No one ever taught me how to colour in the 'texture of foam'!

ReputationRep:
    My Aqa GCSE geography coursework was basically a colouring exercise with a short essay thrown in to remind the examiner it want an art GCSE.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I still haven't found where the colouring in maths is...
    Graphics students always seem to be colouring something but that's probably not in the paper
    We definitely have a fair amount in electronics papers but I would say history...because you don't understand the sources so you end up colouring them in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrynerd13)
    I personally think the whole Geography and colouring in thing is just offensive and is rude. On my GCSE paper, didn't have to draw one diagram or colour in. People enjoy stereotyping it that way but forget about the case studies and piles of information you need to learn. Although you need to know sketches to assist In explanations, it is NOT colouring in and should be treated as a much better subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well yeah to be fair you have to cut and stick sheets as well.

ReputationRep:
    Resistant materials was crap felt like it was art, I didn't sign up to do art!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.