The Student Room Group

GLS training contract application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
what kind of score in practise tests is good before doing the real thing ?
I keep getting 65 % ish in the practise ones .
Reply 81
Original post by LawMe
Yeah that does make sense, thanks! I've done a few before (the test to do the bar course is very similar) and I seem to do ok on them so fingers crossed for this one.

Yeah, I wouldn't say its worth spending a lot of money though and try to find one that has the explanations too! Plus if you know some good friends who want one too you can share the costs as I think they give you a password to access the tests or something.

Particularly for SJT I'd recommend Job Test Prep - and if you're going to get SJT you may as well get the annual pass and that gives you verbal reasoning and watson glaser too.

Re scoring - generally it is the percentile which counts. These are graded at different levels according to your role. So a score which puts you in a graduate/ uni 90%+ percentile would not be in the percentile rank as when compared with junior or senior management roles. And a 95% percentile does not necessarily mean 95% correct. etc.
Hearing back about CRT by August 16th. Does this mean we may perhaps hear before then? Like today or Monday perhaps?
Reply 83
Original post by clockingin1994
Hearing back about CRT by August 16th. Does this mean we may perhaps hear before then? Like today or Monday perhaps?

I don't see why not if that is the way it's phrased but personally I won't be holding my breath until the afternoon of the 16th given the way previous rounds have been structured!
Reply 84
Original post by LawMe
I don't see why not if that is the way it's phrased but personally I won't be holding my breath until the afternoon of the 16th given the way previous rounds have been structured!

I believe the policy is to let everyone know at the same time. Therefore, I'd assume no news until 16th.
They are letting us know by 8pm tonight apparently.
Original post by Legalbegal
They are letting us know by 8pm tonight apparently.

Where did you hear that?
I hope it's all good news...
Been frantically checking/refreshing my emails on my phone at work all day. Why do they leave it so late in the day?
Original post by Scragglefrock
Where did you hear that?

I emailed them to ask if it would be today or tomorrow.
Original post by Legalbegal
I emailed them to ask if it would be today or tomorrow.

Was told the same thing
Original post by De Minimis
Been frantically checking/refreshing my emails on my phone at work all day. Why do they leave it so late in the day?

So you don't get bad news when at work?
Original post by Ethereal
So you don't get bad news when at work?

Haha! Exactly why I'm refusing to check my emails now until I get home! 😂
Just got my PFO by email. That's twice in two years that I've been sifted out after completing CRT. Sigh :frown:
Reply 94
Just got my PFO by email. That's twice in two years that I've been sifted out after completing CRT. Sigh :frown:

Me too.. I'm gutted :frown:
Original post by dbdb
Me too.. I'm gutted :frown:

Well, at least we got this far.

Really beginning to wonder whether the standard for the CRT is ridiculously high - or whether I am just not built for those types of tests :frown:

That's my applications done for the Summer. Tomorrow is another day I suppose - time to dust myself off and focus for the exams ahead #downbutnotout
Has anyone received any good news?
Reply 97

Email them and ask what the standard was, or even ask for general feedback. Last year I failed the SJT and emailed them and they gave me my score and told me what I needed to get to the next round. I passed the SJT this year, but I failed the VRT. They couldn't give me much information this time other than I wasn't in the top 60% in the VRT. You might as well email and see if they can give you any information. You might be extremely close and that will motivate you for next year.
Been told I passed the CRT but didn't score high enough overall to get a place at assessment centre... Gutted... 😢
Well, at least we got this far.

Really beginning to wonder whether the standard for the CRT is ridiculously high - or whether I am just not built for those types of tests :frown:

That's my applications done for the Summer. Tomorrow is another day I suppose - time to dust myself off and focus for the exams ahead #downbutnotout

I was offered an assessment place, but this is my third year on the trot and the 1st time I've gotten this far. Don't get down hearted. I had 5 years doing the fast stream and never got even as close as the e-tray!

If you're headed to Bar school you'll have to the horrid BCAT anyway, it's pretty similar to the CRT and might just give you that little edge for next time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending