Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is it a gift, or a curse to humanity? do u think Pokemon Go would cause us to be more happy... or be the result of utter chaos... state your opinion and why
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    It seems to encourage exercise and people are happy so cant see the harm in it.

ReputationRep:
    Look, everything has its positives and negatives. You might think people should sit around campfires and sing together and only have face to face conversations. Sure. Whatever. But Pokemon Go is one of the last harmful games out there. It's changed the whole thing. It gets people out of the house. You'll find so many people talking about dropping a jean size or something because of the exercise they get. It's fresh air in the outdoors, not being stuck inside all day. People also meet new people. It's hard not to notice others playing or ignore them. As someone who has social anxiety, the game makes me feel more confident about interacting with new people because so many people will share a common interest. No, it's not God's gift. It's not life changing. But it's hardly a threat. People get enjoyment out of it without hurting themselves or others. No problem there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adibabrar)
    is it a gift, or a curse to humanity? do u think Pokemon Go would cause us to be more happy... or be the result of utter chaos... state your opinion and why
    It is a sense of hyperreality, which has been most children's dreams since they were little. Questions such as, 'What if pokemon was real? I could actually go outside and throw poke balls at pokemon!' - It's a long time coming dream come true, which has actually united all ages, genders and social classes in communities. So, IMO Pokemon Go is a blessing.

ReputationRep:
    But look at the number of accidents occuring worldwide
    https://youtu.be/64lyeWwYj1g

ReputationRep:
    Meh, not played it and never will because I'd rather spend my time looking for work. Plus I've only twice heard other people mention it while outside (a Lidl store man some time ago, and the guy serving me at a restaurant yesterday). Plus I can't even tell who's playing it! (My sister says it's anyone who looks down at their phone while walking... but they could just be sending a text )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    which has actually united all ages, genders and social classes
    Team Valor for life yo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adibabrar)
    But look at the number of accidents occuring worldwide
    https://youtu.be/64lyeWwYj1g
    What about all the accidents that happen all the time unrelated to pokemon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    What about all the accidents that happen all the time unrelated to pokemon?
    heyjust saying you know... its as dangerous as texting and driving but still... i meant no offence...

ReputationRep:
    it's a gift for sure. Love going out to explore. Spent an hour in Argos car park yesterday for no apparent reason lol. Going for the parks today if it doesn't rain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    Team Valor for life yo
    represent yo
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i love pokemon since childhood but i cant ever keep up with playing on an app on a phone, it doesnt feel as good as if it was on a console so i havent really touched any of my app games after like 2 days :Rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.