Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im a guy and ive had a crush on a friend since january, told him back then and he said he just saw me as a friend but i cant get over him! Thought i had but a friend told me he thought i looked cute one night and i started thinking about him again and i get really jealous when i think of him with other guys. My friends suggested ignoring him to get him to notice me and start chasing me but i dont know if i should, i really like him and want to go out with him, is there any way to get hin to see me as more than a friend or should i try ignoring him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Im a guy and ive had a crush on a friend since january, told him back then and he said he just saw me as a friend but i cant get over him! Thought i had but a friend told me he thought i looked cute one night and i started thinking about him again and i get really jealous when i think of him with other guys. My friends suggested ignoring him to get him to notice me and start chasing me but i dont know if i should, i really like him and want to go out with him, is there any way to get hin to see me as more than a friend or should i try ignoring him?
    Hmm, if I've learnt anything, no matter how much you like someone, you can't make them like you. If they don't like you, then basically nothing will really happen. If you ignore him, you'll just damage your friendship, rather than make him feel like he should go out with you.

Just try and move on - it's much harder said than done, I know. The jealousy is bound to happen when you like someone and don't know where you stand, because you want him to like you and can't bear the thought of him liking anyone else. But try to just focus your attention on something else and slowly detach yourself from him. *

But before you do anything, have a good conversation with him and tell him about your feelings and let him tell you his. Understand each other and then make your decision.

Good luck with it all

(Original post by kingaaran)
    Hmm, if I've learnt anything, no matter how much you like someone, you can't make them like you. If they don't like you, then basically nothing will really happen. If you ignore him, you'll just damage your friendship, rather than make him feel like he should go out with you.

Just try and move on - it's much harder said than done, I know. The jealousy is bound to happen when you like someone and don't know where you stand, because you want him to like you and can't bear the thought of him liking anyone else. But try to just focus your attention on something else and slowly detach yourself from him. *

But before you do anything, have a good conversation with him and tell him about your feelings and let him tell you his. Understand each other and then make your decision.

Good luck with it all
    Thanks for the advice, im gonna try and talk to him in private about it next time i see him, try and get my feelings out fully and actually man up for once about this 😀

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.