The Student Room Group

Cant get over him

Im a guy and ive had a crush on a friend since january, told him back then and he said he just saw me as a friend but i cant get over him! Thought i had but a friend told me he thought i looked cute one night and i started thinking about him again and i get really jealous when i think of him with other guys. My friends suggested ignoring him to get him to notice me and start chasing me but i dont know if i should, i really like him and want to go out with him, is there any way to get hin to see me as more than a friend or should i try ignoring him?
Original post by Anonymous
Im a guy and ive had a crush on a friend since january, told him back then and he said he just saw me as a friend but i cant get over him! Thought i had but a friend told me he thought i looked cute one night and i started thinking about him again and i get really jealous when i think of him with other guys. My friends suggested ignoring him to get him to notice me and start chasing me but i dont know if i should, i really like him and want to go out with him, is there any way to get hin to see me as more than a friend or should i try ignoring him?

Hmm, if I've learnt anything, no matter how much you like someone, you can't make them like you. If they don't like you, then basically nothing will really happen. If you ignore him, you'll just damage your friendship, rather than make him feel like he should go out with you.

Just try and move on - it's much harder said than done, I know. The jealousy is bound to happen when you like someone and don't know where you stand, because you want him to like you and can't bear the thought of him liking anyone else. But try to just focus your attention on something else and slowly detach yourself from him. *

But before you do anything, have a good conversation with him and tell him about your feelings and let him tell you his. Understand each other and then make your decision.

Good luck with it all
Reply 2
Original post by kingaaran
Hmm, if I've learnt anything, no matter how much you like someone, you can't make them like you. If they don't like you, then basically nothing will really happen. If you ignore him, you'll just damage your friendship, rather than make him feel like he should go out with you.

Just try and move on - it's much harder said than done, I know. The jealousy is bound to happen when you like someone and don't know where you stand, because you want him to like you and can't bear the thought of him liking anyone else. But try to just focus your attention on something else and slowly detach yourself from him. *

But before you do anything, have a good conversation with him and tell him about your feelings and let him tell you his. Understand each other and then make your decision.

Good luck with it all

Thanks for the advice, im gonna try and talk to him in private about it next time i see him, try and get my feelings out fully and actually man up for once about this 😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending