The Student Room Group

How much maintenance loan did you get?

just a bit curious about how much people got when they applied for maintenance loans.]

personally i was told not to apply for it but then i was also told that people go just to get the loans but yh eventually i did and got around £2300 + obviously the £9000 tuition fees which goes to the uni

another quick question along with the maintenance loan, will or can unis pay bursaries? and if so how much on average?
Original post by n_hhh
just a bit curious about how much people got when they applied for maintenance loans.]

personally i was told not to apply for it but then i was also told that people go just to get the loans but yh eventually i did and got around £2300 + obviously the £9000 tuition fees which goes to the uni

another quick question along with the maintenance loan, will or can unis pay bursaries? and if so how much on average?

I got £2100 but i was a welsh student so got a maximum grant. Unis will normally on pay bursaries for certain grades, as sports scholarships or if you are from a low income family.
Bursaries are for low income households. If you got around £2300 for your maintenance loan then I doubt you'll be eligible for a bursary.
Reply 3
I got 8288 but that's because I'm estranged from parents so it was just my income.

Some uni's have bursaries or scholarships. They're mostly either for achievements or because of low income. Check your uni website, they usually have theirs there. You can also look at independent bursaries and such. There are some really random ones, like people with specific last name :biggrin: so you may find something that applies to you
Reply 4
£7746 + £1000 bursary
I got £4800
7556 + 2k bursary

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending