Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Starting at Edgehill Sept 2016. I will be living in but have my own car. I know there is no parking without a permit on site and that permits are not easy to come by. Is there any parking available in the surrounding area. What does everybody else do? I have heard you can get contract parking at the local hospital....Is this right?
    All info gratefully received
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

Welcome to EHU! If you're living on campus you really won't need a car. We run a free bus into Ormskirk, and from there you can catch a bus or train to pretty much anywhere you want to go. Is there a particular reason you think you might need your car? Parking permits are given to students who meet specific criteria.

Hope this helps,
    Olivia

ReputationRep:
    Jumping onto this thread but its related - if we have someone coming to visit for the weekend, are they able to park on campus over the weekend without a permit or if not, is it possible to get a visitor's permit or them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edge Hill University)
    Hi there,

Welcome to EHU! If you're living on campus you really won't need a car. We run a free bus into Ormskirk, and from there you can catch a bus or train to pretty much anywhere you want to go. Is there a particular reason you think you might need your car? Parking permits are given to students who meet specific criteria.

Hope this helps,
    Olivia

HI,
    I have some caring commitments 2 or 3 times a week @ home and will need to travel home for this. Would I meet the criteria?

Thanks
    Danny
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by DannyD1997)
    HI,
    I have some caring commitments 2 or 3 times a week @ home and will need to travel home for this. Would I meet the criteria?

Thanks
    Danny
    Hi Danny,

We can't really comment on individual cases so your best bet would be to get in touch with our Sustainability Team on 01695 650470 or
    [email protected]. They should be able to help you out.

Thanks, Olivia

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.