Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heya peeps, just curious as to what most of you bench, 1rm or highest weight you use and the number of reps. Forums are the least credible sources of information for that sorta stuff but oh well, it still works

Stats to go along with the answer would be appreciated (including the time frame of training)
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Hit 120 last week after a working set

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All time PB of 105 at 75(ish) but more recently 96.5 at 64 which is better relative to BW- and soon to be beat. I think I've been lifting about 4 years but that's not 4 years of consistently good bench training

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Hit 120 last week after a working set

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice, congrats! Time of training/body weight?

(Original post by BKS)
    All time PB of 105 at 75(ish) but more recently 96.5 at 64 which is better relative to BW- and soon to be beat. I think I've been lifting about 4 years but that's not 4 years of consistently good bench training
    Definitely good, especially at 64. Quite the drop in weight; 11 entire kilos, congrats on that! Do you do mostly body weight exercises then if you don't do much benching?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Caius Filimon)
    Nice, congrats! Time of training/body weight?

Definitely good, especially at 64. Quite the drop in weight; 11 entire kilos, congrats on that! Do you do mostly body weight exercises then if you don't do much benching?
    Just over 2.5 years since picking up a barbell, have had an extended time off though
    86ishkg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Just over 2.5 years since picking up a barbell, have had an extended time off though
    86ishkg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The 120 being after the extended time off? Nice stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caius Filimon)
    Nope. I mean I've done the odd dip and push up but it's more I had a year of being injured and making no progress and getting from 100 to 105 took me a silly amount of time because I was travelling for another year. I probably got to 100 quite quick for someone my size then it's only in the last few months I've started making actual progress again

ReputationRep:
    I started benching Aug 2014 then in approx six to seven months may be I can lift 80 kg on a good day at body weight of 74 kg. I get some shoulder injury then stop training bench.

Now I am 64.8 kg. I think I can bench 66 kg. However I bench only few time may be less than 10 in last one year. But I am doing overhead press regularly. I have quite weak benching.

Overhead press: 52kg (1RM) at 65 kg body weight.

ReputationRep:
    75kg x5 reps at 72kg bodyweight so my 1 rep max would be 86kg going off a 1 rpm calc since I don't tend to go for 1 rep max.

I've been lifting for just recently 2 years.

Idk why people care about how much you lift, I'd rather be more interested in how much progress people have made in a certain time frame on their lift during off season etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.