Turn on thread page Beta

well I think it is, its mainly my cheek it feels thick and rubbery like when you have a tooth out at the dentist but I can still feel sensation and it hurts when I pinch it etc. It happened 3 days ago and has just happened again now. Could it be a stroke or a warning sign?

ReputationRep:
    Could be a trapped nerve. I doubt it's a stroke. See your GP as soon as you can, it's a pretty serious symptom (in that it doesn't 'just happen' for no reason.)

Ok, tbh I think Im just somehow imagining it as I just got really scared for a moment then went lightheaded. Its probably just anxiety, sorry I sound like an attention seeker :/

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry.. though it's a pretty weird thing to imagine. Try putting some ice on your cheek and see if you feel it. There are things that can make your face go numb on one side, but a stroke would make your face go slack (generally). You'd also have other symptoms like confusion, olfactory hallucinations (smelling burnt toast is a common one) and almost certainly wouldn't be able to type. I'd still suggest getting it checked out though. If it turns out you can make yourself immune to pain at will, then I'm afraid I shall have to kidnap you and sell you to science. :P

ReputationRep:
    Yep, this happened to my brother. He had something called Bell's Palsy *not saying this is what you have* and he was given some drugs or something and is fine now. All sorted. ;doctor;

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.