Turn on thread page Beta

19 and I havent had a girlfriend!! Please help. watch

Announcements

The worst thing is that most people consider me attractive and I still cant get a girlfriend!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I feel like killing myself for being the biggest pussy on earth :mad: its just so annoying. Even in the year 11 yearbook my ass was voted the best in the year, btw im not trying to say im good looking or anything.

And the worst worst worst thing is that all my close mates have got girlfriends which means im regularly not included into events where couples go together so its affecting the relationship with my mates aswell. I also regularly get mocked by my friends for being a virgin, I just got a text like 2 minutes ago from a close friend reading "You couldnt bang a prostitute!!" after we were having some sort of discussion on his gf.

And plus I do go clubbing and stuff regularly but only bump into ****s, what shalt I do?

ReputationRep:
    Chill. You're only 19.

ReputationRep:
    my bfs 19 and im the first girlfriend hes had. so there you go, it does happen. You'l find someone you like in the most unlikely of places, just be yourself and you'l meet someone somewhere random, i can garantee it.

And for goodness sake theres absolutly nothing to worry about being a virgin at 19 - you should never rush things, just be paitient.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know you only meet ****s in clubs? Girls may dress provocatively or have loads of confidence, but it doesn't mean they put it about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    1. Saying you're going to kill yourself for being a pussy is a stupid knee jerk reaction that you shouldn't even talk about, because you know you don't mean it. So just..don't.
    2. If most people find you attractive, that's one tick in the box. It doesn't mean that you're the whole package. Maybe attitude?
    3. I'm tempted to say that beggers can't be choosers, but whatever, you've got time :p: Don't settle for people you don't want to be with. If you're rejecting girls on the basis that they are ****s, then that's your choice. You have a standard and if you don't want to go lower, then there's no shame in that.
    4. The post smacks of desperation a bit - girls pick up on this from your demeanour. I think you need to relax more. These things happen when you're not looking.
    I am quite relaxed about this issue in front of people closest to me and regularly laugh with them whenever theyre taking the piss. And I dont take its an attitude problem either since I have alot of friends who are girls and I get on with them like I would with any other guy. I think its more of a "big pussy who hasnt got the guts" problem with me.

And also all the girls I meet are just...blah, if you not what I mean and the interesting ones I havent got the balls to ask out because like i said im a pussy.

ReputationRep:
    I know 40 year olds who haven't, there is no shame in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~cherrykisses~)
    And for goodness sake theres absolutly nothing to worry about being a virgin at 19 - you should never rush things, just be paitient.
    Na uhhh!! a person who hasnt got laid by the time hes 19 is practically the biggest idiot on earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wingerrr)
    Na uhhh!! a person who hasnt got laid by the time hes 19 is practically the biggest idiot on earth.
    No, you're the only case of this I've seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    No, you're the only case of this I've seen.
    Thanks, but i already know that im an idiot. You havent made me feel any worse about myself so ha.

ReputationRep:
    you're peddling the very attitude that makes you feel inadequate.
    How old were you when you had your first girlfriend? It sure as hell wasnt 19 and yeh I soooo do feel inadequate about my abilities right now.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but i already know that im an idiot. You havent made me feel any worse about myself so ha.
    My intent wasn't to make you feel worse, it was to make all the other 19 year old virgins feel normal.

ReputationRep:
    Losing your virginity in some meaningless encounter isn't a good thing! I now wish I'd waited. But I know the whole 'gotta lose it' complex... and I understand nothing is going to change your mind

ReputationRep:
    none of you understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shreerac27)
    Losing your virginity in some meaningless encounter isn't a good thing! I now wish I'd waited. But I know the whole 'gotta lose it' complex... and I understand nothing is going to change your mind
    In fairness to him, the OP wants a proper girlfriend and isn't willing to settle for the girls he percieves as ****s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thelfo)
    In fairness to him, the OP wants a proper girlfriend and isn't willing to settle for the girls he percieves as ****s.
    It sounds to me like his definition of 'proper girlfriend' is 'a girl who will have sex with him'.

ReputationRep:
    if that were the case, he wouldn't have passed up the "slaaaaaaaaaaags". I think validation is more the craving here.
    True. Please, stop being right all the time. :rolleyes: :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing is that most people consider me attractive and I still cant get a girlfriend!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I feel like killing myself for being the biggest pussy on earth :mad: its just so annoying. Even in the year 11 yearbook my ass was voted the best in the year, btw im not trying to say im good looking or anything.

And the worst worst worst thing is that all my close mates have got girlfriends which means im regularly not included into events where couples go together so its affecting the relationship with my mates aswell. I also regularly get mocked by my friends for being a virgin, I just got a text like 2 minutes ago from a close friend reading "You couldnt bang a prostitute!!" after we were having some sort of discussion on his gf.

And plus I do go clubbing and stuff regularly but only bump into ****s, what shalt I do?
    ill be your girlfriend ORR you can have my boyfriend! TO BE HONEST your better off witthout a girlfriend, im rather cynical atm sorry =(

ReputationRep:
    Yeah keep sooking. Because you are the only 19yr old in the world to have never had a girlfriend :rolleyes:
    Seriously, what do you expect us to say? I say theres not much you can do expect wait or try really hard and be one of those desperados! which is always a great look for potential ladies..

ReputationRep:
    Its pretty clear the OP has some sort of self confidence issue. Lots of people do - a lot more than will admit it.

Anyway, it seems to me that you have to at least half believe in yourself and your ability to attract someone if you're going to get anywhere, because you're always going to have to prove to the opposite sex that you are 'worth the effort' - because they are rarely going to dig for reasons themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Uh I know quite a lot of people who were virgins at 20, 25 even 36!!!!Seriously it does not matter. If anyone judges you for being a virgin then its their problem not yours. Its a personal thing and its everyone's right to lose their virginity whenever they feel that they want to. If you haven't found the right girl then you have to wait around a while because it takes time to get to know good people. But if you are very desperate then do it with whichever girl you want:p: . It seems to me that you want to wait but you are being pressurised to just go ahead and "DO IT". Choice is yours: if you want the right girl its inevitable that unless you are really really lucky, you will have to wait around but if you want to be a non-virgin at the moment, I say head to those clubs you mentioned . But seriously though such a negative attitude about why you are still a virgin is going to turn off many girl. If you don't like being one then don't be one. But being one and whining about it isn't anything attractive. Either be confident in your shoes or buy a new pair .

:tee:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.