Turn on thread page Beta

Private sector Healthcare or Public sector Healthcare? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In your opinion would you choose to receive healthcare on the NHS for free because the standard of care is acceptable (+subsidised) or would you opt to receive private healthcare at a larger cost and a brief statement why.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by oversizedcarrot)
    In your opinion would you choose to receive healthcare on the NHS for free because the standard of care is acceptable (+subsidised) or would you opt to receive private healthcare at a larger cost and a brief statement why.
    I intend on getting private insurance when I can afford to, I only ever use the nhs when I ve had no choice not to.

The nhs is absolutely amazing and saved my life at one point but when people are in much greater need than myself I would never think of using it if I can afford not to.

ReputationRep:
    The NHS ruined my life and refused STI test and blood tests. They also put me at the back of the queuing time and keep on questioning why I am not on medication for bipolar disorder even though I haven't taken medication for five years. Then they just get angry with me and start demanding that I respect teir authretey!

Private sector doctors are way nicer and even cheaper! You save time so you save money and it's not even that much. If you get a quote on BUPA or a specific doctor surgery you can often find better care for your basic needs as a citizen.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.