Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I honestly don't understand how so many muslims take hadiths so seriously, they should be nothing more than historical reading.

They are responsible for almost all of the backward crap in muslim world. Sharia law, burka/niqab, completely incompatible with democracy/secual laws, very sexist, dogs are evil. It is 7th century backward arabian culture. Actually, the arabian culture is still very backwards today (gulf states to be specific).

If you want Islam to survive you will have to adopt Quran only route. Once these muslim countries start getting richer and better, Islam won't last very long with people turning islam into a political system from the hadiths.

http://quran-islam.org/

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I honestly don't understand how so many muslims take hadiths so seriously, they should be nothing more than historical reading.

They are responsible for almost all of the backward crap in muslim world. Sharia law, burka/niqab, completely incompatible with democracy/secual laws, very sexist, dogs are evil. It is 7th century backward arabian culture. Actually, the arabian culture is still very backwards today (gulf states to be specific).

If you want Islam to survive you will have to adopt Quran only route. Once these muslim countries start getting richer and better, Islam won't last very long with people turning islam into a political system from the hadiths.

Are you Muslim? You do know the Qur'an plays a big part in Sharia (a law which you say is incompatible with the West)? You'd have to get rid of both to remove Sharia.

Hadiths are amazing. I don't know what you're talking about there.

I dont get how people can base some things in their life based on "someone said that the prophet said this"

Hadithd are important still tho because it teaches how to pray, do wudu etc.

ReputationRep:
    people hardly follows every single hadith because its now more difficult to follow them in this century... i just do what i think its right and what is good for everyone! me talking to homosexuals maybe is a sin but i do communicate me hanging out with my non-Muslims friends maybe is not acceptable but i do it. i do believe in equality because i believe in humanity first and then any religion.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    please don't pick on me

(Original post by fatima1998)
    people hardly follows every single hadith because its now more difficult to follow them in this century... i just do what i think its right and what is good for everyone! me talking to
    homosexuals maybe is a sin
    but i do communicate me hanging out with my non-Muslims friends maybe is not acceptable but i do it. i do believe in equality because i believe in humanity first and then any religion.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    please don't pick on me
    Don't worry I agree with you always make sure you be a good person,good intentions,good heart, and belief in God. Btw talking to homosexuals isn't a sin just saying just in case.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I agree with you always make sure you be a good person,good intentions,good heart, and belief in God. Btw talking to homosexuals isn't a sin just saying just in case.
    i said "maybe" just saying
    i dunno much about islam so i said maybe pretty much everywhere
    i believe in God and its enough

ReputationRep:
    people hardly follows every single hadith because its now more difficult to follow them in this century... i just do what i think its right and what is good for everyone! me talking to homosexuals maybe is a sin but i do communicate me hanging out with my non-Muslims friends maybe is not acceptable but i do it. i do believe in equality because i believe in humanity first and then any religion.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    please don't pick on me
    Lol how is talking to homosexuals a sin 😩😩😩 it's nowhere near a sin😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Hadiths should still be taken into consideration although not as much as the Quran. I guess if you just follow reliable hadiths you should be fine. But there are some who pull out random unreliable hadiths to justify their wrong actions.

ReputationRep:
    You are shrek

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    Lol how is talking to homosexuals a sin 😩😩😩
    Ikr wth. Being homo isn't even a sin, it's when you engage in homosexual acts (sex) is when it becomes a sin.

Are you Muslim? You do know the Qur'an plays a big part in Sharia (a law which you say is incompatible with the West)? You'd have to get rid of both to remove Sharia.
    Quran certainly doesn't play a big part in Sharia, Sharia law in many cases violates Quran. It is there to benefit men endof

I dont get how people can base some things in their life based on "someone said that the prophet said this"

Hadithd are important still tho because it teaches how to pray, do wudu etc.
    Indeed, also they were compiled about 250 years after he died. There are authentic hadiths which clearly go against the Quran. For example, a sahih hadith says death for apostasy yet Quran says no compulsion in religion.

Spoiler:
    Show
    please don't pick on me
    Hadiths shouldn't be followed at all. Only the Quran, we're only supposed to be one holy book not 10,000

ReputationRep:
    Hadiths shouldn't be followed at all. Only the Quran, we're only supposed to be one holy book not 10,000
    Instructions on how to perform daily prayers are found in Hadiths don't be stupid. Many Hadiths are used to confirm misconceptions on prayer and Islamic finance etc.

What you really mean is that Muslims need to dismiss Hadiths that incite violence, inequality and hatred amongst others as many of these contradict teachings in the Quran itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsrsarahhhh)
    Hadiths should still be taken into consideration although not as much as the Quran. I guess if you just follow reliable hadiths you should be fine. But there are some who pull out random unreliable hadiths to justify their wrong actions.
    I think all Muslim scholars should sit down and question the reliability of all the Hadiths once again; even the sahih ones.

ReputationRep:

The Quran itself has some very disturbing passages

ReputationRep:
    there are many troll threads today, somebody just got some free time on their hands...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.