Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Calories VS Macros watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Currently doing 5x5 program for a few weeks without noticing any significant changes (my diet is crap).

Worked out through various channels (YouTube) that I need to be eating approx 2500 calories a day, to gain muscle. Consisting of 250grams of Protein, 200grams of Carbohydrates and 70grams of Fat.

Besides eating two Chicken breasts a day, I thought it would be easier to drink 2 shakes a day to get the extra 100 grams of Protein.

With Whey on (MyProtein) one serving is approximately 45 grams of Protein but 2300 calories per serving.

If I made 2 shakes I would be well over 5000 calories a day to fit my Macros using food and supplements.

Do I care more about the 2500 figure or the Macros ?!

P,S, any good tips for food that would fit my macros/ any good tips for choosing a sensible Whey (cheaper would be nice).

Thanks a ton !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Macronutrients are the same as calories in the sense that, 1g of protein is 4 calories, 1g of fat is 9 calories and 1g of carbohydrates is 4 calories.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.