Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite looking forward to rag week, assuming I get in to uni, that is. I want to have a bake sale, because I love to bake.

(Original post by covered farm wa)
    I'm quite looking forward to rag week, assuming I get in to uni, that is. I want to have a bake sale, because I love to bake.
    I plan to see my body......and for rag week I'm going to dress up in a chicken suit!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by covered farm wa)
    mmmm cookies...

bake sales remind me of primary school.

ReputationRep:
    Someone at Durham told me that they banned RAG week there because some of the students did a sponsored break-in to Durham jail (full of serial killers.) Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    I heard that story. They left a box of Milk Tray on the governer's desk. A few days later, high security prisoners escaped the same way they did...

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure no high security prisoners escaped because my mum works for Durham Police force so I think she would know! Unless this happened decades ago.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know. That was just the story I heard.

ReputationRep:
    we have 3 RAG weeks in exeter - one each term...

3 legged pub crawls are the best!!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyballerina)
    I am pretty sure no high security prisoners escaped because my mum works for Durham Police force so I think she would know! Unless this happened decades ago.
    I heard it was back in the 1960's

ReputationRep:
    in freshers week are there any themed nites and do you think its worth having a fancy dress outfit on standby just in case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greendaygirl)
    in freshers week are there any themed nites and do you think its worth having a fancy dress outfit on standby just in case?

Theres the ever faithful Skool Disco so have your St Trin's tartwear on standby - other than that they'll always be something - I think our Maths dept had an "M" Party - so we had Maids, Mothers, Models, Men In Black etc which was good fun.

You never know what sort of stuff you might have happening, but for the best part theres nothing that either can't be hired out, made up for a £5er or bought on the cheap from Oxfam.

(Original post by Expression)
    have your St Trin's tartwear on standby
    *Locates plaid skirt, fitted white shirt and knees socks*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    lol how cheeky

ReputationRep:
    Oh deary my old school uniform was entirely purple, purple long kilt, purple shirt, purple woolen jumper and purple blazer

(Original post by lil-pink-stars)
    Oh deary my old school uniform was entirely purple, purple long kilt, purple shirt, purple woolen jumper and purple blazer
    Sounds really attractive.... :eek:

I'm sure you'll find someone (probably a guy something like myself) willing to assist you in finding the perfect St .Triny's outfit!!!

ReputationRep:
    You could wear your tights with that.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds really attractive.... :eek:

I'm sure you'll find someone (probably a guy something like myself) willing to assist you in finding the perfect St .Triny's outfit!!!
    See now from that I had assumed that you were locating the skirt to wear it, or possibly just try it on
    And your assurance of finding an obliging 'stylist' is very.....reassuring

(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    You could wear your tights with that.
    I have to co-ordinate so the tights have to go I'm afriad. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have to co-ordinate so the tights have to go I'm afriad. :rolleyes:
    Oh I don't know....you could always branch out into the dangerous realms of mismatching!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.