Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A2 Maths watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips on how to succeed at A2 maths in order to achieve the highest grade? Although I am sure that I am going to retake some AS modules next year, as C1 went awful this year for me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by geography1294)
    Does anyone have any tips on how to succeed at A2 maths in order to achieve the highest grade? Although I am sure that I am going to retake some AS modules next year, as C1 went awful.
    Do as many past papers as possible. If you don't understand something, ask about it. Do independent learning if you're determined enough to ensure those high grades.

ReputationRep:
    Past papers, then some more past papers, and then after that, more past papers.

ReputationRep:
    The main thing is to keep on top of the material as you are taught it- especially with C3 and C4- because the later stuff builds on earlier topics, so it's easy to lose a lot of marks from not fully understanding something from the beginning. Do as many text book questions and exam questions as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I remember with C1, I did all the past papers along with undestanding the content well and still came out of that exam feeling as if I had done rubbish

ReputationRep:
    Have a good understanding of the content, insisted of just knowing how to do certain types of questions. From my experiences this year, they're making the exams more focuses on a deeper understanding. You could do this by looking at harder exam boards/papers or asking your teacher to make up some intentionally horrible questions.

Other than that, just keep up to date with the work and don't worry if it takes a while to understand things; it took me until May to understand vectors and I am predicted an A* !

ReputationRep:
    Would it be easy for me to start some Maths revision this holidays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geography1294)
    Would it be easy for me to start some Maths revision this holidays?
    The only way to find out is to try it. There's a lot of C3 that builds on what you learned at AS and if your understanding is sound it ought to be possible to make a productive early start.
    It would probably be more valuable to reflect on why C1 went badly and work on Improvements that will give you a stronger foundation for learning C3&4 next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    True, thanks everyone for the advice!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.