Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Simple: Yes or No? watch

• View Poll Results: do you think your child is prepared for university, do they have the life skills?
    Yes
    63.64%
    No
    36.36%

ReputationRep:
    Dear fellow parents, all I'm looking for is a one word answer to my question and I'd be so grateful 😊 if as many of you can help me by answering.

The question; Yes or No - do you think your child is prepared for university, do they have the life skills (cooking, budgeting etc?).

Thank you so much everyone 😊
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you jneill

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should qualify that - do you mean to parents of a child about to go to Uni this September? Mine definitely does not have the skills, but then he won't be going until next September, so it would skew your results if I said no, it's meaningless without their age...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Artjen - you are correct! I will clarify. Yes - this question is aimed at those parents who have children that will start university this September. For you, do you feel that your child be better prepared this time next year? If so, how? Do you teach your child or does the school do anything to help with life skills?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts, it's great to get feedback on this topic as I am doing some research in the area 😊 So thank you all
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Tpeoples2)
    Thank you Artjen - you are correct! I will clarify. Yes - this question is aimed at those parents who have children that will start university this September. For you, do you feel that your child be better prepared this time next year? If so, how? Do you teach your child or does the school do anything to help with life skills?
    You could add a poll to your opening post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Jneill, I think I did add a poll at the top of this thread?

It's also helpful to have your opinion and Arjen's in more detail

ReputationRep:
    I can do everything but cook. but that's what internet recipe's are for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dear fellow parents, all I'm looking for is a one word answer to my question and I'd be so grateful 😊 if as many of you can help me by answering.

The question; Yes or No - do you think your child is prepared for university, do they have the life skills (cooking, budgeting etc?).

Thank you so much everyone 😊

No, he's 2.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Frappe - are you a student going to Uni in September? Thank you 😉

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a child, I'm ****in 15. but I think I am.

ReputationRep:
    Hi PHD2027 - even thou u are 15 - would like tolerance about skills that might be good to know before going to Uni?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Thank you Jneill, I think I did add a poll at the top of this thread?

It's also helpful to have your opinion and Arjen's in more detail
    Ah, polls aren't visible on mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Ah, polls aren't visible on mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's weird - I can see the poll, but I am viewing the site via my phone's browser rather than using TSR Mobile.

Our eldest has just finished his first year at university (self-catered halls).Not sure how well-prepared he was - he had probably done more cooking at Scout camps than at home(!), but he seems to have survived intact, nutritionally speaking. .

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.