The Student Room Group

Have you ever cheated on your partner?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
All men will cheat, given the opportunity!

All women will also cheat, given the opportunity! Stop generalizing
Original post by elmosandy
I think you're overthinking it hun. Clearly, people can be backstabbing, but being a bad friend and cheating is a totally different thing. Yes, clearly you have morals but seriously? Just because your friend does something wrong doesn't mean you cut them off, it's not your business, is it?

Every cheater I've known in the past was an all around generally crappy person.

It's one thing to have cheated in the past and be sorry and not do it again. That I can look past. But people who I see cheating on their partners who don't even feel guilty about it and keep doing it....nope I don't want people like that in my life.

Also I'm friends with pretty much all of my friends partners. So while it may not be directly my business it involves people I care about.
Original post by Anonymous
All men will cheat, given the opportunity!

Original post by jayeshforce1

Hmm maybe most but I doubt all will.
Reply 43
Original post by SophieSmall
Yes. Because it shows to me that person's morals are not up to my standards. And they clearly put themselves well over other people. If they can cheat on a partner they can be just as much of a backstabbing friend.

Not necessarily. Bros before hos.

Like I treat my bros like family, but you gotta treat the hos like a poker game.
I once kissed someone else while I was seeing someone. We hadn't defined things yet and weren't exclusive, so technically it wasn't cheating. Still, I never told the person I was seeing about it and ended things soon after because I did feel weirdly guilty about it. Still a moral grey zone, I guess.

I've been the other woman in someone else's relationship, which is not exactly something to be proud of, either.
Original post by markova21
I cheated myself but his wife was blissfully unaware. I told this woman's son because I knew that would hurt my ex far far more than anything else. It worked.

The way I look at it: 13 years old is way too old. I've known since I was a kid that my father had other children, that's not the kind of information that you withhold from someone. I'd be livid if I discovered that my mum knew for 13 years, and never told me!

Everyone in that scenario deserved it. Truth had to come out eventually
Original post by SophieSmall
Every cheater I've known in the past was an all around generally crappy person.

It's one thing to have cheated in the past and be sorry and not do it again. That I can look past. But people who I see cheating on their partners who don't even feel guilty about it and keep doing it....nope I don't want people like that in my life.

Also I'm friends with pretty much all of my friends partners. So while it may not be directly my business it involves people I care about.

It's still not your business, i'm sorry but whether you don't agree it has nothing to do with you.

Being friends with partners is still not your business
Original post by jayeshforce1

Nah
I've cheated numerous times... oops. Nothing to be proud of, but I think I've grown up now and I wouldn't do it again :wink:
I've never cheated (even though some relationships started within a day or less of the last break up (the shortest time was 2 hours)
I've been cheated on a couple of times
I was involved in some sabotaged relationships as well (love triangle that i didn't know about until they broke up with me)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ForgettingWhatsername
I once kissed someone else while I was seeing someone. We hadn't defined things yet and weren't exclusive, so technically it wasn't cheating. Still, I never told the person I was seeing about it and ended things soon after because I did feel weirdly guilty about it. Still a moral grey zone, I guess.

I've been the other woman in someone else's relationship, which is not exactly something to be proud of, either.

Damn. I wouldn't want to be in those shoes at all.
Original post by jamesthehustler
I've never cheated (even though some relationships started within a day or less of the last break up (the shortest time was 2 hours)
I've been cheated on a couple of times
I was involved in some sabotaged relationships as well (love triangle that i didn't know about until they broke up with me)

Love triangles are deathly, be careful.
Love triangles are deathly, be careful.

exactly that why i am very careful now
Nah

umm... yah
Reply 54
Have done regularly, quite proud 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Hmm maybe most but I doubt all will.

i wasn't being serious obvi i know that but saying all men will cheat and saying most women will not cheat would be biased opinion. All people vary and one cannot judge all based on small sample. People who make these claims have major insecurity issues.
Reply 56
I've cheated on my diet before.
Reply 57
I have, and regretted it ever since. Happened recently too. If I could go back and stop myself I would. But you learn from it, and don't repeat the mistake. There's no excuse for it and now I will have to face the consequences of seeing my ex gf with someone else instead of me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Another
The way I look at it: 13 years old is way too old. I've known since I was a kid that my father had other children, that's not the kind of information that you withhold from someone. I'd be livid if I discovered that my mum knew for 13 years, and never told me!

Everyone in that scenario deserved it. Truth had to come out eventually

Well from what my [then boyfriend ] told me the mother of this 22 year old found it really offensive that he had not told his two younger sons anything about him. I mean it's not even really any big deal. How many people have a child/children from previous relationships? There must be tens of thousands out there. The mother of the two youngest, the only reason she never told her sons about their half brother was because their dad had always made such a song and dance about it. He was obsessed that they never found out. I never really understood why. I think it was more to do with the fact both younger boys liked the idea of their mum and dad getting back together one day,and probably never even imagined that their dad had had a previous relationship with someone before he met their mum. The kind of irony is though; the two younger boys already have FIVE half brothers and sisters,as their mum was in a relationship with someone for years. They know their half siblings have a different father to them and it was someone their mum met years before THEIR father. I supposed they liked the idea that not only were they [David and Dylan] full brothers , but that they were the only children their dad had. Anyway, i'm a very mild mannered and easy going person and it takes a lot to anger me. But the fact he was carrying on with her the same time as me [they had split up and got together more times than i've had hot dinners] , and the fact he sometimes never came to visit me in hospital because he was with her just shows what a nasty piece of work he is. Unlike me when I was 22 and had only had one brief fling before in my life and was kind of swept off my feet by this older married man, my ex was 47. He knew exactly what he was doing and the potential consequences. I've nothing against his two younger sons. They are nice lads, actually. But I KNEW his younger sons knowing about his older one had always been his fear and obsession about them not finding out. This was four years ago. I'm sure by now both lads will be used to the idea. Kids are adaptable. I genuinely hope so anyway. But I hope their dad is still feeling the repercussions of it LOL !!
(edited 7 years ago)
Of course, everyone cheats. It felt great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending