Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What things are a must to do in London? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am going to London for 3 days with my mum next week, what are some of the absolute must do things we should do? We already have a sightseeing tour and a west-end show planned.

We have a few ideas but would like more of a solid plan so that we can make the most of our time, rather than spending a lot of it deciding what to do.

Thank you in advance!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    It depends what you're interested in. Personally, I like (depending on the weather) doing a boat trip and visiting some of the museums, many of which are free.

ReputationRep:
    1. Watch your back
    2. Leave London

ReputationRep:
    Frequently visit London one of my favourite places.

If it's a nice day have a picnic or food from a takeaway and sit in Leicester square.

St James park is also lovely.

Some west end shows offer dayseats, you turn up to the theatre on the day of the performance. They have a handful of tickets for a reduced price. Other than that some shows offer lottery's for free tickets or reduced price. The tkkts booth in Leicester square can sometimes offer cheaper tickets. You can also look online for there.

Attraction wise, i really enjoyed the London tombs and thought you got more for your money than the London dungeons. The aquarium was also really enjoyable.

If you have an interest in history you might like to visit the tower of London. Imperial war museum and the museum of London are great for a day out. Also nice going for a walk around the galleries.

A boat ride across the Thames is great. Especially if it is a nice day. I prefer it much more than the bus as you aren't getting stuck in traffic.

I have been lucky enough to been to a lot of West end shows. Both plays and musicals so if you have any questions, please ask.

Enjoy your time, you will love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Madame Tussauds
    Walking near the london eye at night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    1. Watch your back
    2. Leave London
    London is incredibly safe. It's full of security cameras and police.

ReputationRep:
    Check out Greenwich, it's lovely! Also Borough market is one of my favourite places to go, really good fresh food and lots of free samples! The area around tower bridge is nice too. These are places I like to take my mum when she visits *

ReputationRep:
    The museums are free so you can use them to kill down time, the dungeons are really good, but you need to book tickets. Places like Holland park are nice too if the weathers good. Also there are famous pubs, but I find them to be contrived and hipsterish rather than real hidden gems.

ReputationRep:
    You must stand on the right hand side when on an escalator.

ReputationRep:
    The British Museum But watch for the time they're open though

ReputationRep:
    m+m world
    oxford street

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexkate97)
    Frequently visit London one of my favourite places.

If it's a nice day have a picnic or food from a takeaway and sit in Leicester square.

St James park is also lovely.

Some west end shows offer dayseats, you turn up to the theatre on the day of the performance. They have a handful of tickets for a reduced price. Other than that some shows offer lottery's for free tickets or reduced price. The tkkts booth in Leicester square can sometimes offer cheaper tickets. You can also look online for there.

Attraction wise, i really enjoyed the London tombs and thought you got more for your money than the London dungeons. The aquarium was also really enjoyable.

If you have an interest in history you might like to visit the tower of London. Imperial war museum and the museum of London are great for a day out. Also nice going for a walk around the galleries.

A boat ride across the Thames is great. Especially if it is a nice day. I prefer it much more than the bus as you aren't getting stuck in traffic.

I have been lucky enough to been to a lot of West end shows. Both plays and musicals so if you have any questions, please ask.

Enjoy your time, you will love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did that and it was really good.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Some great places to visit:

1) British Museum
    2) National Maritime Museum
    3) Greenwich Observatory
    4) Science museum
    5) Natural History Museum
    6) Westminster Abby
    7) St Paul's Cathedral
    8) Houses of Parliament (usually they do guided tours over the summer recess, but you have to book in advance)
    9) Buckingham Palace (again, they usually do tours over the summer)
    10) Victoria and Albert Museum

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.