What things are a must to do in London?

Watch
LisaH97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am going to London for 3 days with my mum next week, what are some of the absolute must do things we should do? We already have a sightseeing tour and a west-end show planned.

We have a few ideas but would like more of a solid plan so that we can make the most of our time, rather than spending a lot of it deciding what to do.

Thank you in advance!
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends what you're interested in. Personally, I like (depending on the weather) doing a boat trip and visiting some of the museums, many of which are free.
Betelgeuse-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. Watch your back
2. Leave London
alexkate97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Frequently visit London one of my favourite places.

If it's a nice day have a picnic or food from a takeaway and sit in Leicester square.

St James park is also lovely.

Some west end shows offer dayseats, you turn up to the theatre on the day of the performance. They have a handful of tickets for a reduced price. Other than that some shows offer lottery's for free tickets or reduced price. The tkkts booth in Leicester square can sometimes offer cheaper tickets. You can also look online for there.

Attraction wise, i really enjoyed the London tombs and thought you got more for your money than the London dungeons. The aquarium was also really enjoyable.

If you have an interest in history you might like to visit the tower of London. Imperial war museum and the museum of London are great for a day out. Also nice going for a walk around the galleries.

A boat ride across the Thames is great. Especially if it is a nice day. I prefer it much more than the bus as you aren't getting stuck in traffic.

I have been lucky enough to been to a lot of West end shows. Both plays and musicals so if you have any questions, please ask.

Enjoy your time, you will love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PrincessBO$$
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Madame Tussauds
Walking near the london eye at night
Atlas Thugged
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
1. Watch your back
2. Leave London
London is incredibly safe. It's full of security cameras and police.
Wahrheit
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Check out Greenwich, it's lovely! Also Borough market is one of my favourite places to go, really good fresh food and lots of free samples! The area around tower bridge is nice too. These are places I like to take my mum when she visits *
Atlas Thugged
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The museums are free so you can use them to kill down time, the dungeons are really good, but you need to book tickets. Places like Holland park are nice too if the weathers good. Also there are famous pubs, but I find them to be contrived and hipsterish rather than real hidden gems.
Buonaparte
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You must stand on the right hand side when on an escalator.
amelialv
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The British Museum But watch for the time they're open though
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
m+m world
oxford street
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alexkate97)
Frequently visit London one of my favourite places.

If it's a nice day have a picnic or food from a takeaway and sit in Leicester square.

St James park is also lovely.

Some west end shows offer dayseats, you turn up to the theatre on the day of the performance. They have a handful of tickets for a reduced price. Other than that some shows offer lottery's for free tickets or reduced price. The tkkts booth in Leicester square can sometimes offer cheaper tickets. You can also look online for there.

Attraction wise, i really enjoyed the London tombs and thought you got more for your money than the London dungeons. The aquarium was also really enjoyable.

If you have an interest in history you might like to visit the tower of London. Imperial war museum and the museum of London are great for a day out. Also nice going for a walk around the galleries.

A boat ride across the Thames is great. Especially if it is a nice day. I prefer it much more than the bus as you aren't getting stuck in traffic.

I have been lucky enough to been to a lot of West end shows. Both plays and musicals so if you have any questions, please ask.

Enjoy your time, you will love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did that and it was really good.
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some great places to visit:

1) British Museum
2) National Maritime Museum
3) Greenwich Observatory
4) Science museum
5) Natural History Museum
6) Westminster Abby
7) St Paul's Cathedral
8) Houses of Parliament (usually they do guided tours over the summer recess, but you have to book in advance)
9) Buckingham Palace (again, they usually do tours over the summer)
10) Victoria and Albert Museum
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed