Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    in my six form collage, a new rule has just been introduced, in which we cannot wear jeans.Add that to no hoodies, no tracksuits and no showing arms, tummies legs.
    tell me what the hell i'm suppose to wear to college.
    Any ideas?
    or
    just tell me what silly rules your collage has.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahollisan)
    in my six form collage, a new rule has just been introduced, in which we cannot wear jeans.Add that to no hoodies, no tracksuits and no showing arms, tummies legs.
    Any ideas?
    or
    Smart business suit? For example - black trousers/skirt, jacket and white shirt/blouse.

Sounds eminently sensible to me - will inspire you to have a work focussed attitude and save on all that slavery to college uniform of jeans and tops!

Also, it's part of the new approach to uniforms from the government.

You'll get used to it in time and it will make a difference to your work ethic, or so they say

ReputationRep:
    We have a rule that if we wear socks, they must be an inch above the ankle. But we dont need to wear out hat all the time.

Wavell refuses us tracksuits so in the cold of winter and our school being on a hill we are forced to wear our sports shirts and out short skirts.

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas?
    or
    Sounds like my school, we were allowed to wear jeans, but no patterened trousers, and tracksuits must be plain without lines on! Skirts to be below knee, no hats, no bra straps showing, no freyed edges.....

No walking down the main corridor unless specifically told to by a member of staff, if you are more than 5 minutes late for a lesson you are locked out of the classroom, the sixth form must remain in school for all free periods, I suppose having been in the school since Year 7 we had just got used to all the rules, although new people coming into the school didn't warm to the boundaries so well!

ReputationRep:
    Well, in that case private schools and colleges are better!.....uniform!..don't have to worry abt what to wear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    Well, in that case private schools and colleges are better!.....uniform!..don't have to worry abt what to wear!
    It's true, our uniformed days in the lower school were a lot more simple without having to decide what to wear each day, and if clothes were clean enough to wear

Judging by what some of the people in my sixth form wear to school, they must have been planning their outfit a couple of weeks in advance!
    To them, school is a fashion show :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yes but i wonder who design the uniforms! they always look terrible!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil-pink-stars)
    It's true, our uniformed days in the lower school were a lot more simple without having to decide what to wear each day, and if clothes were clean enough to wear

Judging by what some of the people in my sixth form wear to school, they must have been planning their outfit a couple of weeks in advance!
    To them, school is a fashion show :rolleyes:
    Yeah....thats why I am glad I went to a private school..although the uniform sucked, but at least thats what everyone wore and there were no fashion shows!....
    I have also found a good private univ in my home country, might end up there...uniforn rules aren't as strict there but they do have a uniform code...something to look forward to?!!!!!..perhaps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    yes but i wonder who design the uniforms! they always look terrible!!
    I really doubt anyones uniform could be a bad as ours!....we had a stripped shirt with a checked shirt!!!! and thankfully during the 2 final years it was a plain shirt with the same shirt!......

ReputationRep:
    I really doubt anyones uniform could be a bad as ours!....we had a stripped shirt with a checked shirt!!!! and thankfully during the 2 final years it was a plain shirt with the same shirt!......
    try this!!
    grey skirt, white shirt, blue and grey tie andred blazers!!! RED dammit!
    of course black leathershoes, and white socks for girls grey for guys!
    u had lil kids in yr 1 wearing the same unform as you! im so glad its over

ReputationRep:
    and i thought my collage was tough, mabe i should stop complaining..... :rolleyes: maybe not were is the fun in that

ReputationRep:
    try this!!
    grey skirt, white shirt, blue and grey tie andred blazers!!! RED dammit!
    of course black leathershoes, and white socks for girls grey for guys!
    u had lil kids in yr 1 wearing the same unform as you! im so glad its over
    Oh ok...yeah urs sounds worse than ours!.....
    btw, where abts are u in cyprus?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok...yeah urs sounds worse than ours!.....
    btw, where abts are u in cyprus?
    paphos!

ReputationRep:
    paphos!
    wow...you really seem like an interestings person..enjoyed posting stuff to you..
    would u mind if I sent you a pm...just so that we know more abt each other?

ReputationRep:
    wow...you really seem like an interestings person..enjoyed posting stuff to you..
    would u mind if I sent you a pm...just so that we know more abt each other?
    sure go ahead

we were once told that we can't show our shoulders!! it was amusing-they just weren't being clear about what they mean't which was actually no strappy tops..

we have the usual no jeans, tracksuits, combats, sportswear stuff which to me seems fair-after all looking smart is better and it means you can look different at the weekends and on trips..

the lower school aren't allowed patterned tights or earings which is again fair...and no makeup until year 10 (they used to give year 9 a lesson on it..lol..my form didnt get it though as uor teacher was male)

and the boys next door all have to wear suits in 6th form and it does make them look so very attractive

ReputationRep:
    I think my old school tops them all with ridiculous uniform rules:
    NO THONGS! I would have likedto see them try and police that!

ReputationRep:
    at my 6th form we could wear absolutely anything we liked! everyone came in jeans, many in short tops, short skirts, the lot-i suppose they were too relaxed, but the no showing arms rule in your college Ahollisan-that's just ridiculous, what harm could there be in showing arms? and what about in the summer months, when your arms will be covered and the heat- :eek:

ReputationRep:
    in my six form collage, a new rule has just been introduced, in which we cannot wear jeans.Add that to no hoodies....
    We were threatened with the no jeans thing many a time in the two years I was at sixth form. They enforced it twice but no one took any notice and I think the heads of sixth form forgot.
    They also made a big thing about not wearing the 'fcuk' t-shirts (which I agree with because I hate them) and not wearing any form of band/musical promotion t-shirt. However, most people ignored this too.
    Hoodies were not supposed to be worn but everyone did anyway.

Basically, rules we set out, but you could get away with wearing what you liked (within reason). I think the only thing they actually took action on was people wearing hats inside.

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form has a uniform.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.