The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
As long as it's within reason, why should it matter what you wear? As long as you can study, should it matter? I mean that's the reason you go to sixth form...to learn.
A private college near me kicked to guys out of the college because they had long hair, theyr we're in their final year and one was planning on going to oxford. bit silly really.
Reply 22
Ahollisan
in my six form collage, a new rule has just been introduced, in which we cannot wear jeans.Add that to no hoodies, no tracksuits and no showing arms, tummies legs.
tell me what the hell i'm suppose to wear to college.
Any ideas?
or
just tell me what silly rules your collage has.

we had that exact rule. its not silly. its good. leave your good clothes clean for the weekend. and it does smarten everyone up. we didnt have to wear suits like loads of people do, so we counted ourselves lucky. and i just wore nice skirts and tee shirts in summer, and black or grey trousers and jumpers in winter. unless you are a skater, this should be a problem :PP
Reply 23
Lord Huntroyde
My sixth form has a uniform.

I don't know of any sixth forms in schools that don't. It tends to be further education colleges that lack uniform, but saying that there is a swing to a corporate image and imposition of business dress.

I think it's a good idea.
Reply 24
yawn1
I don't know of any sixth forms in schools that don't. It tends to be further education colleges that lack uniform, but saying that there is a swing to a corporate image and imposition of business dress.

I think it's a good idea.

The Sixth Form at my secondary school didn't have a uniform, I thought they didn't at most schools.
Reply 25
we had the same rule although we were allowed to show our arms and legs (but no shoulders and skirts had to be a reaosnable length) i liked wearing office wear there's so much of it around in every shop, and you can wear pretty much any kind of top
Reply 26
My 6th form doesn't really have any stupid rules - the closest we get is please don't throw the plates and cuttalry in the bin! :rolleyes:
Reply 27
Ahollisan
in my six form collage, a new rule has just been introduced, in which we cannot wear jeans.Add that to no hoodies, no tracksuits and no showing arms, tummies legs.
Any ideas?
or

we've got that rule, I will be wearing smart trousers and shirt or jumper, the guys usually wear the baggist trousers they can get a way with and the oldest looking shirts!
Ha ha, i can wear whatever i want next year! Sorry, this isn't helping is it...
Reply 29
it's better to have some sort of uniform regulation, it makes it so much easier to decide what to wear. plus you save your other clothes like jeans etc for the weekends. although the rumour going round our school that they were going to introduce skirt suits for the girls was not welcomed- uniform regulations are fine, full-blown sex discrimination and old fashioned rules are not. For our gcse certificate presentation we were asked to dress formally, and wearing a skirt would be very mcuh desired, if people did wear skirts, they wore mini ones, denim ones, or ones that just weren't suitable, twas quite amusing looking at the headteacher gradually turn a richer shade of purple
Reply 30
SOME of my school rules:

All school skirts must be two inches below the knee.

Sixth formers can wear their own clothes, but the skirts must be below the knees and no denim allowed.

I dont mind not looking like a scruff going to school. I mean there's a place and time for everything, right? At weekend i wear my jeans and hoody tops etc... but it seems nice to dress according to the occasion.

It's like saying: why do office workers wear suits, they would still be able to do their jobs in their pyjamas!!!

It's all about looking representable and good.
When we kneel down our skirts have to reach the floor, who walks around on their knees!?! We're not allowed legwarmers who may I ask wears legwarmes in the 21st century at school or actually anywhere else. Its totally redic! We have to wear our blazers at all times and it used to be berets aswell! My brother has to wear a tophat and cane at school :biggrin: hehe thats the worst
Reply 32
posh&loaded_lib
When we kneel down our skirts have to reach the floor, who walks around on their knees!?! We're not allowed legwarmers who may I ask wears legwarmes in the 21st century at school or actually anywhere else. Its totally redic! We have to wear our blazers at all times and it used to be berets aswell! My brother has to wear a tophat and cane at school :biggrin: hehe thats the worst

Is your name really liberty?
we also have to wear a actual uniform (shirt, tie, skirt)for school concerts etc in 6th form..one girl in my year got chosen to be on the head girls team so had to wear uniform to get her badge in assembly but she only had a black mini skirt so she wore it..it was so amusing to watch the headteachers face
Reply 34
In September I can wear anything :biggrin:
Ahollisan
Any ideas?
or

No jeans, dat is so snidy. What is it a posh school?? My cousin goes to a grammer scholl, and she werent alowed to wear naything thats not blue. And her shoes had to be black.
At my secondary school when uniform was being discussed it was once mentioned that we were required to wear underwear...err who doesn't?
Reply 37
'Tell the truth' and 'Obey the school rules' are the craziest rules in my school :rolleyes:
Reply 38
My school makes you walk like 700m to the dining room instead of walking through a door that takes u there directly. :mad:
Cossack
Is your name really liberty?

whats your point?

Latest

Trending

Trending