• View Poll Results: Should I buy it?
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    53.33%
    Yes and no
    13.33%

ReputationRep:
    Quite simply, should I buy this- yes or no?

Link:https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00H2RIA...I3L80D7FLOJ7KA
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    £7.99 delivery
    I'm out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggly)

I have no interest in making music via piano or any other instrument. I only enjoy listening to classical

I need some context in order to make my decision, please. For example, do you currently have a lot of money lying around to spend? Would this be an impulse purchase, or have you always wanted an electronic keyboard? Have you compared prices elsewhere? Is music your passion? Etc etc.

ReputationRep:

however, I recommend you get this one. If you want to become a real pianist

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Boston-218-...ds=grand+piano

ReputationRep:
    No, that looks like a piece of ****
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I need some context in order to make my decision, please. For example, do you currently have a lot if money lying around to spend? Would this be an impulse purchase, or have you always wanted an electronic keyboard? Have you compared prices elsewhere? Is music your passion? Etc etc.
    All of this. I've always used Yamaha keyboards and pianos. Can't fault them and would always recommend spending more money to get a nicer piece of kit than grabbing the cheap entry level models. But if there's a set budget or it's very much an impulse buy there's no sense wasting money.

Should I buy this keyboard, yes or no might as well be how long is a piece of string?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I need some context in order to make my decision, please. For example, do you currently have a lot of money lying around to spend? Would this be an impulse purchase, or have you always wanted an electronic keyboard? Have you compared prices elsewhere? Is music your passion? Etc etc.
    Righto, I'm using Amazon because I have about £50 left on a gift card which I'm thinking of using.The one in the link seems to be the cheapest at this quality (key number/size, headphone sockets, etc). I wanted a keyboard for a while; as of yet though, I don't know how to play. I'd really like to be able to play some lovely musical sounds.I can't decide whether to get it. :/

Righto, I'm using Amazon because I have about £50 left on a gift card which I'm thinking of using.The one in the link seems to be the cheapest at this quality (key number/size, headphone sockets, etc). I wanted a keyboard for a while; as of yet though, I don't know how to play. I'd really like to be able to play some lovely musical sounds.I can't decide whether to get it. :/
    Well, in that case it appears to be of an appropriate quality for your needs and you seem to have researched your options well. At the end of the day however, you are the best judge of whether you genuinely want a keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    There will be a reason why it's cheap. Have a lesson and see if you like playing. Then save up and get a yamaha

ReputationRep:
    spend a little extra and get something you wont regret

ReputationRep:
    You won't get any from that thing

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.