Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I realised I have wasted two years at 6th form. Didn't enjoy it at all or get much done due to many issues. One thing I have always been interested in is computing i.e hardware and troubleshooting and all that stuff. I have decided I want to do something I will enjoy and can imagine myself succeeding in and not go blindly into something without knowing the end result.

I have found a course at a college but I'm not sure if this is where I should start or if this is the right option to begin with. I will give the link and I just want to know would you guys think about this course and if this is the right course for me begin with.

http://www.coleggwent.ac.uk/index.ph...urse&id=DI0306

ReputationRep:
    What A-Levels did you do?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Isn't a Level 2 course the equivalent of GCSE? Shouldn't you be looking at a Level 3 course, something along A Level? I don't see how completing anther GCSE level course will benefit you. If you've got GCSE's look at the BTEC suggested in the progression section of that page. I did something similar, maybe even identical at college.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should do an apprenticeship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Isn't a Level 2 course the equivalent of GCSE? Shouldn't you be looking at a Level 3 course, something along A Level? I don't see how completing anther GCSE level course will benefit you. If you've got GCSE's look at the BTEC suggested in the progression section of that page. I did something similar, maybe even identical at college.
    Do you mean this one http://www.coleggwent.ac.uk/index.ph...urse&id=BE0019
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That one or any other Level 3 course.

If you've already spent 2 years at 6th form that means you already have GCSE's right? I don't see why you'd go back into a GCSE level of education and waste more time at a 6th form. Go straight into Level 3 courses (providing your GCSE's allow it) for 2 years which gives you entry to university.

We don't really have a lot of information (GCSE grades, what you did at 6th form, what you're hoping to do after 6th form and so on) so it's difficult to say that any course would be appropriate for you. But a Level 3 course makes the most sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    That one or any other Level 3 course.

If you've already spent 2 years at 6th form that means you already have GCSE's right? I don't see why you'd go back into a GCSE level of education and waste more time at a 6th form. Go straight into Level 3 courses (providing your GCSE's allow it) for 2 years which gives you entry to university.

We don't really have a lot of information (GCSE grades, what you did at 6th form, what you're hoping to do after 6th form and so on) so it's difficult to say that any course would be appropriate for you. But a Level 3 course makes the most sense.
    I have about 9 gcse's. What I studied in sixth form has nothing to do with IT cos the IT department in our school is trash and back then I wasn't thinking properly about what I wanted to do in the future, also I actually failed the A02s. I'm hoping to go into IT.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ahmeds98)
    I have about 9 gcse's. What I studied in sixth form has nothing to do with IT cos the IT department in our school is trash and back then I wasn't thinking properly about what I wanted to do in the future, also I actually failed the A02s. I'm hoping to go into IT.
    In that case I see absolutely no reason to look at a Level 2 course. Look for something that's Level 3 that you want to do. Ideally if you know the specific area of IT try to find a degree in what you want and look at their entry requirements. Assuming that's the route you want to go of course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.