Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Met a guy- advice on what to do please? Watch

So I'm in a gay club and dancing with agroup of people I've just met. One of the guys in the group keeps looking me inthe eye and I return his eye contact because I think he's quite good-looking.Eventually, he grabs my hand and we start dancing and he moves closer andcloser and we kiss and then keep on kissing. After a while, we go to the bar,there's a long queue and I also wanna get to know this guy better (all I knowby this point is his name) and I tell him my name, even though he didn'tactually ask for it. I keep asking him questions about what he's doing at themoment etc. and though he answers properly, he doesn't ask me any in return,though he does buy me a drink. I also find out that he's from Canada and it'shis last night in the UK.

Throughout the entire evening, we make out a lot and when we're not, he holdsmy hand while we dance and he keeps looking and smiling at me. Eventually, heasks me if I wanna go back to his and I say ok, so we start heading out and heholds my hand tightly and I do the same. We buy drinks at a pub and walk outwith the glasses still in our hands (his idea). Again, I keep trying to makeconversation and though he responds, he doesn't seem that interested in findingout about me, but he smiles and kisses me, even on the cheek.

Once we get to the ticket barrier, I go through, but for some reason there's aproblem with his oyster so he goes to the machine and I wait for him. At onepoint, I turn to read the tube map, because I've been waiting for ages by thispoint. When I turn back around, I suddenly realise that he's not there anymoreand I go out to look for him and come back to the station, but still can't findhim. I don't have his number, so with a heavy heart I decide to let it go.

However, I keep replaying the events in my head and I'm upset that I turnedaround and lost sight of him. When I get home, I search hard on Facebook tofind him. Once I eventually do, I friend him and he messages me. I ask aboutwhat happened and it seems that we lost each other. He asks me to come over,but by this point I'm at home so I can't. I tell him what happened after heleft and how I feel there was a connection, but I'm not sure what it is,probably because I'm inexperienced with relationships and stuff. I also ask himwhether tonight was just meant to be fun on his last night in London orsomething more serious? He agrees with what I say, but doesn't answer myquestion.

I was wondering if someone could help me with what to ask him or what to donow? I feel like we don't know each other that well yet, but we could get toknow each other, but I'm not sure how committed we would be to this given thathe's now in Canada and I'm in London. I’m willing to pursue it because I felt astrong connection, but is it worth it after just one night?

ReputationRep:
    Not really worth it. Long distance takes commitment, and although I've not been in any relationships with people from other countries, I know the pains of long distance and the cost etc. If I were you, I would give myself time to get over him, maybe establish yourself as friends, but if it's going to cause more pains than happiness, it isn't worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm in a gay club and dancing with agroup of people I've just met. One of the guys in the group keeps looking me inthe eye and I return his eye contact because I think he's quite good-looking.Eventually, he grabs my hand and we start dancing and he moves closer andcloser and we kiss and then keep on kissing. After a while, we go to the bar,there's a long queue and I also wanna get to know this guy better (all I knowby this point is his name) and I tell him my name, even though he didn'tactually ask for it. I keep asking him questions about what he's doing at themoment etc. and though he answers properly, he doesn't ask me any in return,though he does buy me a drink. I also find out that he's from Canada and it'shis last night in the UK.

Throughout the entire evening, we make out a lot and when we're not, he holdsmy hand while we dance and he keeps looking and smiling at me. Eventually, heasks me if I wanna go back to his and I say ok, so we start heading out and heholds my hand tightly and I do the same. We buy drinks at a pub and walk outwith the glasses still in our hands (his idea). Again, I keep trying to makeconversation and though he responds, he doesn't seem that interested in findingout about me, but he smiles and kisses me, even on the cheek.

Once we get to the ticket barrier, I go through, but for some reason there's aproblem with his oyster so he goes to the machine and I wait for him. At onepoint, I turn to read the tube map, because I've been waiting for ages by thispoint. When I turn back around, I suddenly realise that he's not there anymoreand I go out to look for him and come back to the station, but still can't findhim. I don't have his number, so with a heavy heart I decide to let it go.

However, I keep replaying the events in my head and I'm upset that I turnedaround and lost sight of him. When I get home, I search hard on Facebook tofind him. Once I eventually do, I friend him and he messages me. I ask aboutwhat happened and it seems that we lost each other. He asks me to come over,but by this point I'm at home so I can't. I tell him what happened after heleft and how I feel there was a connection, but I'm not sure what it is,probably because I'm inexperienced with relationships and stuff. I also ask himwhether tonight was just meant to be fun on his last night in London orsomething more serious? He agrees with what I say, but doesn't answer myquestion.

I was wondering if someone could help me with what to ask him or what to donow? I feel like we don't know each other that well yet, but we could get toknow each other, but I'm not sure how committed we would be to this given thathe's now in Canada and I'm in London. I’m willing to pursue it because I felt astrong connection, but is it worth it after just one night?
    For a start ignore her v she just had terrible experience... I'm in LDR for 5 months so far, the guy doesn't seem to care about you like if it was the guy I'm with he would be super interested into knowing, making sure he doesn't dissapeare without saying, and would answer the questions.

(Original post by xEmilyxx)
    Not really worth it. Long distance takes commitment, and although I've not been in any relationships with people from other countries, I know the pains of long distance and the cost etc. If I were you, I would give myself time to get over him, maybe establish yourself as friends, but if it's going to cause more pains than happiness, it isn't worth it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.