Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have to be good at maths to do Accounting at A-Level watch

ReputationRep:
    I know this may seem like a stupid question but I am trying to think of an A-level which would go with business well, but I am not the best at Maths so do you think Accounting is the subject for me?

ReputationRep:
    Accounting is mathematical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxEllieMayxX)
    I know this may seem like a stupid question but I am trying to think of an A-level which would go with business well, but I am not the best at Maths so do you think Accounting is the subject for me?
    You don't have to be good at Maths at all, and the Maths used in Accounting A-level isn't hard (it's pretty much GCSE Maths).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iHammmy)
    Accounting is mathematical
    I get that it is mathematical, however is it difficult maths?

ReputationRep:
    I get that it is mathematical, however is it difficult maths?
    Nope it's just simple adding, subtracting , multiplying and division. Not sure about A Level but with the accounting exams at uni you can use a calculator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamo2509)
    Nope it's just simple adding, subtracting , multiplying and division. Not sure about A Level but with the accounting exams at uni you can use a calculator.
    Thank you for your knowledge, this has sort of helped me, I am considering taking 4 A-levels then I can drop one if needs be, so I thought accounting went well with business. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my cry for help. Your words of wisdom helped me very much. I appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your knowledge, this has sort of helped me, I am considering taking 4 A-levels then I can drop one if needs be, so I thought accounting went well with business. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my cry for help. Your words of wisdom helped me very much. I appreciate it.
    No worries, best of luck with your A Levels and beyond

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    You don't have to be good at Maths at all, and the Maths used in Accounting A-level isn't hard (it's pretty much GCSE Maths).
    Thank you for giving me this information it has helped me a lot on my decision to take it as an A-level. I am good at basic maths and more difficult stuff too, I am also good at the maths required in Business Studies at GCSE level so based on this I am encouraged to take it as my 4th A-level choice. Thank you for helping me make my decision a whole lot easier. Much Appreciated

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.