Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been looking at the options for the different branch choices and I am pretty certain I want to be an officer, although I quite fancy the idea of environmental health but that is at airman level. Anyone know any similar officer jobs???

I know it might have to be a case of that particular job is quite specific and done by an airman!!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    I don't think Enviro Health is actioned at Officer level, but I presume that Med Support Officers would have the Enviro Health Techs under them. However, it is a rapidly expanding area of work, it might have changed since I was last involved. We have had an MSO reply in this forum, so it might be worth a search and a pm.

ReputationRep:
    Med Support Officer is your best bet and they do get involved in Environmental Health, but you may not getto choose whihc fields you work in and you may never see that side of the house. Supply Officers get involved in pollution control and that kind of thing if that interests you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turtleneck)
    Med Support Officer is your best bet and they do get involved in Environmental Health, but you may not getto choose whihc fields you work in and you may never see that side of the house. Supply Officers get involved in pollution control and that kind of thing if that interests you?
    Yeah thanks, that kind of thing really does interest me, doesn't float everyones boat i'm sure!! There is only limited info you can get from the AFCO sheets they give you, that is why this website is so useful!!

Is med support officer a popular branch does anyone know, not that it really matters too much
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Not popular in as much as it is very small, so very few people can join it. It is also quite new, or at least has had a very long development into a clearly defined branch. It is still undergoing pretty significant changes in terms of training in particular. However, MSOs do seem to get some pretty fascinating, worthwhile jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Not popular in as much as it is very small, so very few people can join it. It is also quite new, or at least has had a very long development into a clearly defined branch. It is still undergoing pretty significant changes in terms of training in particular. However, MSOs do seem to get some pretty fascinating, worthwhile jobs.
    Good to know, thanks for the info!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.