Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I didn't fail 3rd year or any modules, but can I extend my study to 5 years as I ended up grade capped all over the place made a mess of the year for a variety of issues that I had. I do not want to grad with a 3rd or 2:2 but now need to get like 75% a module to get a 2:1

What can I do?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Scottish :))
    I didn't fail 3rd year or any modules, but can I extend my study to 5 years as I ended up grade capped all over the place made a mess of the year for a variety of issues that I had. I do not want to grad with a 3rd or 2:2 but now need to get like 75% a module to get a 2:1

What can I do?
    Go to your student union and talk to an advisor or talk to your personal tutor.
    You also need to read the rules and consider whether you cna appeal your grade by putting in a claim for extenuating or mitigating circumstances. The rules are normally available from the website.

They normally only allow anything if its unforseen. Anything medical where you have ebidence and a reference from a GP or counselor may help. Its not just an opportunity to resut the exam for better grades.

Just doing poorly on exams is not good enough.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.