The Student Room Group

Why do I befriend weirdos

Lolz
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Maybe you subconsciously fear being rejected so befriend people with a lower social status because they are less likely to reject you, maybe try approaching different people with common interests to you which might make it easier to be friends with them
Your attitude. That's what's not getting you closer to the ones you want to be closer to, and you end up settling for what you perceive as trash. Plus you do realise that the "popular kids" in school are more likely to end up in prison or stuck in low end jobs because they didn't work hard enough?
Lol because with that salty ass attitude, no one else will take you
I talk to everyone idk maybe you should try that
Reply 5
Because you're a weirdo yourself.
Reply 6
Original post by Zargabaath
Lol because with that salty ass attitude, no one else will take you

Lmao I'm not salty, just my honest opinion. but even my family have noticed that i befriend people who have no similarities with me whatsoever
Original post by Cubcub99
All my life I've befriended ppl who were seen as "social rejects" not to sound harsh.
In primary school I befriended the dumbest girls even though I was fairly intelligent myself.

In secondary school it is the nerdy,boring Asian squad. I don't belong as I'm white, not nerdy and friendly.
Why do I befriend these kinds of people? The same people most would try to avoid. I'm quite shy but other than that ive had nothing in common with any of my friends.
Is Low self esteem the reason I befriend people who are at the bottom of the social hierarchy or am I just social lazy ?
I'm worried I'll never have friends I can probably relate to even in uni 😭
I'll probably get cries of snob or racism but I don't care, I know I'm a nice girl but I'm curious as to why I befriend the sort of people who I don't suit.?

To be honest with you, the minute I saw the thread title I knew that this was right up my street! Except, in my case, I become friends with people who turn VERY sinister.... I would rather be friends with a rock then some of the people that I have been associated with in the past :rofl:
Because your a weirdo too!

EMBRACE IT! Weirdos are the cool adults of the future :-)
At high school I got along really well with people who were non-White, also most people I know are really alternative.
Reply 10
Why do you think the popular kids are going to be more interesting? They just follow social protocol, social protocol is boring, PERSPECTIVE! The only reason your current friends tolerate you is most likely due to their low self esteem...silly OP, silly, silly, silly...

I do have some sympathy though, your rampant narcissism suggests you need to see a psychiatrist, or your going to end up being a very lonely adult... I hope you get the help you so need.
Reply 11
Original post by Atlas Thugged
At high school I got along really well with people who were non-White, also most people I know are really alternative.

Its not thier race thats the issue, (but it does mean they r allowed out less,) but they never make much convo i have to constantly, they reply with short answers
Reply 12
You have an attitude problem unfortunately so really I'm not surprised you have no real friends.
Reply 13
Original post by John55
Why do you think the popular kids are going to be more interesting? They just follow social protocol, social protocol is boring, PERSPECTIVE! The only reason your current friends tolerate you is most likely due to their low self esteem...silly OP, silly, silly, silly...

I do have some sympathy though, your rampant narcissism suggests you need to see a psychiatrist, or your going to end up being a very lonely adult... I hope you get the help you so need.

I dont want to be popular, therr are ppl who are normal, not popular, like me but i never befriend them. And im not narcissistic, im just observant and i realise i have little in common with my 'friends'.
popular kids? weirdos?
are u 12?

"social rejects" not to sound harsh.

the dumbest girls

the nerdy,boring Asian squad.

people most would try to avoid.

people who are at the bottom of the social hierarchy

If you knew what the word "friend" meant you either wouldn't be talking about these people in this way behind their backs, or you wouldn't be referring to them as your "friends".
Reply 16
Original post by UWS
Because clearly, your arrogant attitude prevents you from making friends.

You won't fit in uni with that kind of attitude, labeling people "social rejects". You're mad because you whinge about making friends with the "weirdos" when it is your attitude that is the problem.

Its other ppl at my school thats labelled them "social rejects". I dont have an attitude problem
Reply 17
Its other ppl at my school thats labelled them "social rejects". I dont have an attitude problem

Oh okay, so you listen to them. You need to make decisions for yourself without any preconception. I made good friends in both secondary school and uni, yes I didn't get on with everyone but I didn't label them weird or rejects. That's something you get in primary school, grow up!
All my life I've befriended ppl who were seen as "social rejects" not to sound harsh.
In primary school I befriended the dumbest girls even though I was fairly intelligent myself.

In secondary school it is the nerdy,boring Asian squad. I don't belong as I'm white, not nerdy and friendly.
Why do I befriend these kinds of people? The same people most would try to avoid. I'm quite shy but other than that ive had nothing in common with any of my friends.
Is Low self esteem the reason I befriend people who are at the bottom of the social hierarchy or am I just social lazy ?
I'm worried I'll never have friends I can probably relate to even in uni 😭
I'll probably get cries of snob or racism but I don't care, I know I'm a nice girl but I'm curious as to why I befriend the sort of people who I don't suit.?

Wow with that attitude nobody will want to get close to you at uni. Have you thought maybe **you** might be problem?. Maybe from the outside you appear as a 'social reject' & somebody with low self esteem. You say you're 'friends' with 'boring' people. Is that how a friend speaks of another friend?. The problem is you here imo. Until you look at yourself, change attitude towards people & maybe get a bit of self esteem nothing will change for you I'm afraid. I'm surprised you even have 'friends'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i dont know why everyone is having a go at him just because he labbled them social rejects.

maybe your just butthurt because some of you are social rejects yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending