Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jeremy Paxman investigates the European Union Watch

ReputationRep:
    In this video, Jeremy Paxman travels to Brussels to investigate the European Union management:

In the conclusion of the investigation, Paxman finds that yes indeed, sovereignty has been lost in the UK's membership of the EU.

ReputationRep:
    No surprise. A union founded to reign in German ambition is anti-democratic (hitler was elected democratically).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    In this video, Jeremy Paxman travels to Brussels to investigate the European Union management:

In the conclusion of the investigation, Paxman finds that yes indeed, sovereignty has been lost in the UK's membership of the EU.
    He could have saved himself a whole trip to Brussels if he just downloaded the PDF of the most current EU treaties.

The UK losing sovereignty to the EU isn't some state secret. It's kinda how the EU works, all member states lose some degree of sovereignty.

ReputationRep:
    Not least surprised. Cannot wait to get out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    Of course. Tell me any relationship that doesn't involve give and take?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    He could have saved himself a whole trip to Brussels if he just downloaded the PDF of the most current EU treaties.

The UK losing sovereignty to the EU isn't some state secret. It's kinda how the EU works, all member states lose some degree of sovereignty.
    Except the EU haven't been particularly blunt about it since 2005, the job of the Eurocrat is to create a federal Europe without people realising until it's too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Except the EU haven't been particularly blunt about it since 2005, the job of the Eurocrat is to create a federal Europe without people realising until it's too late.
    Ok?

I mean it's pretty bad PR to go around yelling ''WE HAVE CONTROL OVER YOU!'' but I doubt anyone really tried to keep this secret, not that there's really much purpose in doing so.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ok?

I mean it's pretty bad PR to go around yelling ''WE HAVE CONTROL OVER YOU!'' but I doubt anyone really tried to keep this secret, not that there's really much purpose in doing so.
    The Lisbon treaty and the EU constitution are almost the exact same document, what's the difference between them? The later is a constitution, it shouts federalisation and doesn't inclide Monnet's golden rule of making people think it's good for the economy (there's a reason every referendum regarding the EU has pedalled the same **** about being outside relegating you to economic irrelevance), the former doesn't. The other big difference is that Constitution was rejected and Lisbon wasn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Im glad that you've admitted that UK has lost it's sovereignty because it is true.

I feel like UK's sovereignty has been invaded in the past 100 years. The EU politicians have been working on this project for around 100 years, wiggling themselves into 28 country's sovereignty and spreading their control.

I also feel like EU countries like Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, etc should not be poor. It has always been possible for them to get rich when they entered the EU. The EU has enough money to invest in such countries or help them grow by letting them make trade deals with any country. However, the EU has restricted them from growing. And as a result, their struggling citizens are coming to the UK in high numbers.

I hope everyone on TSR looks at the unbiased video on top of this thread so we can wake up and to at least see the truth, and to see how the EU is actually managed.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. Will watch.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.