Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is orientation week different to the whole freshers week thing? I tried to find dates of moving in for 2016 and i've found mixed information about an "orientation week" and an "intro week" so now i'm not sure of the dates of anything for reference?

ReputationRep:
    Orientation week is mostly for international and mature students to get a feel for the city before Intro/Freshers week which starts on the 19th of September. People will move into their accommodation on the 17th or 18th of September.

ReputationRep:
    So yes orientation week and intro week are different things, intro week is the actual fresher's week, orientation week is more like a pre-freshers, get settled into the city before you have to register kind of week. Your accommodation will be available on the Saturday or Sunday before intro week, you may be able to move in for Orientation week however I don't think it's guaranteed and you may be put in another flat or even need to stay in a hotel/airbnb.

(Original post by Caelus)
    Orientation week is mostly for international and mature students to get a feel for the city before Intro/Freshers week which starts on the 19th of September.
    It used to be, it's becoming more and more for people from all backgrounds though.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi all

The advice given above is about right - Orientation Week is for students who need a bit extra time to settle into university, like students from Europe and overseas who are coming to the UK to study at Sheffield. We also extend an invitation to Orientation Week to selected UK students.

Intro Week is when everyone comes to campus and gets ready for the new term and you can get a flavour of what awaits you here:

For the lastest news about Intro Week, keep an eye on: www.sheffield.ac.uk/ssid/newstudents/home

Best regards

Elizabeth
    UK/EU Recruitment Officer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.