Running away Watch

This discussion is closed.
pinkfairy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
1)Have you ever run away?

2) Have you ever contemplated it when things got bad?

3) Do you see yourself being the type who would?

4) If you did run away from home, what would you take with you and why? What would be your plans...i.e would you go away for a brief period and then return? Never return?

Thanks in advance for helping with my research

Love Pinkfairy xxx
Swim By
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by pinkfairy)

4) If you did run away from home, what would you take with you and why? What would be your plans...i.e would you go away for a brief period and then return? Never return?

Love Pinkfairy xxx
hey tigitg,

well i guess its better than killing yourself huh?
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Swim By)
hey tigitg,

thats not tigtig :rolleyes:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I ran away once, I decided to go to my aunties house which is 7 miles away. When I got to her town I bottled it and had to walk to a town near by called Stockport, another 3 miles away, I then walked back to my aunties realising it was freazing cold and I had no money. I was missing for 14 hours in total. I was 14 at the time.
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
1)Have you ever run away?NOpe

2) Have you ever contemplated it when things got bad? No

3) Do you see yourself being the type who would?If i go insane maybe

4) If you did run away from home, what would you take with you and why? What would be your plans...i.e would you go away for a brief period and then return? Never return? my library card(so i can borrow some books and read)/cashcard(always need money)/some perfume(to not stink because i havent bathed)/and good change of clothes(very fussy about hygiene)/
I'd never come back

Love Pinkfairy xxx
pinkfairy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Swim By)
hey tigitg,

Who's 'Tigtig'? This thread is for research purposes only, it would help if you refrained from making a mockery out of it. Running away is a very serious problem: one in seven kids between the ages of 10 and 18 will run away and many are not prepared for the harsh reality of leaving home and surviving on their own.
Swim By
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Who's 'Tigtig'? This thread is for research purposes only, it would help if you refrained from making a mockery out of it. Running away is a very serious problem: one in seven kids between the ages of 10 and 18 will run away and many are not prepared for the harsh reality of leaving home and surviving on their own.
oh sorry i thought you're tig tig..if you look back a few threads you'd know what i'm talking about

umm....

i guess we all thought about it at one stage, but most people would just let it go and things usually gets better...
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Love Pinkfairy xxx
1) NO
2) No
3) No
4) Id take my bank details, my handbags, my entire wardrobe and my car. If I did leave id never return.

Im to proud to run away.
Cossack
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
1) NO
2) No
3) No
4) I'd take a big bag full of sweets and some old bread to feed the ducks with, obviously these would only suffice in the short term but I'm sure id be able to find someone who'd let me stay with them in exchange for some sweets...
LH
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you're over 16, you can't really run away, can you? That's called leaving a house as an adult.

A 43 year old can't run away from home.
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
If you're over 16, you can't really run away, can you? That's called leaving a house as an adult.

He can if he has the mental age of a teenager!
pinkfairy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cossack)
1) NO
2) No
3) No
4) I'd take a big bag full of sweets and some old bread to feed the ducks with, obviously these would only suffice in the short term but I'm sure id be able to find someone who'd let me stay with them in exchange for some sweets...
I should have known a few members on this forum haven’t yet grown up. Very discouraging to say the least. The reality is at least 5,000 runaway and homeless kids die from assault, illness, or suicide every year. What is seen as a temporary escape becomes a frightening reality, often worse than the situation you've run away from. I want to know - if you ever thought of running away - what would you take with you, what are your plans of survuval, are you thinking straight enough. I need enough data to finish my project. Thanks amazingtrade, zazy and everdawn for your help.
Cossack
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I should have known a few members on this forum haven’t yet grown up. Very discouraging to say the least. The reality is at least 5,000 runaway and homeless kids die from assault, illness, or suicide every year. What is seen as a temporary escape becomes a frightening reality, often worse than the situation you've run away from. I want to know - if you ever thought of running away - what would you take with you, what are your plans of survuval, are you thinking straight enough. I need enough data to finish my project. Thanks amazingtrade, zazy and everdawn for your help.
ive answered everyone of your questions, and the last answer is irrelevent when taken into context with the other three questons
Swim By
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah and dont thank me :rolleyes:
pinkfairy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)

Running away can apply to most ages I think, because the point is your leaving a place/life and have no intention of returning. Your leaving everything not settled and people worrying and not knowing your wherabouts etc
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Love Pinkfairy xxx
1) no

2)sort of, just gettin away from the house for a bit really, not for long periods of time

3) not really i'm too gutless

4) probably just go for a brief period- i'd take the car keys and just go driving around thurstaston or something. i'd take a bit of money with me obviously, maybe some food
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
Never run away, been stolen away a few times though...
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Love Pinkfairy xxx
1.no

2.no

3.no

4.bananas
tis_me_lord
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
bananas
Ooooo, Marky and I like bananas...actually they give Marky a rash apparently.
DivideByZero
Report 14 years ago
lol I'm suprised that hardly anybody ever ran away as a kid.

I did it multiple times
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (636)
91.12%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.88%

Watched Threads