Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfairy)
    1)Have you ever run away? Not properly. I once got on a train and disappeared for about 24 hours when I was 10. That scared the hell out of my family. They thought I'd been kidnapped. I'd just quite simply decided I didn't like them anymore and was going to find my dad and stay there for a few.

2) Have you ever contemplated it when things got bad? Yes

3) Do you see yourself being the type who would? Yes

4) If you did run away from home, what would you take with you and why? What would be your plans...i.e would you go away for a brief period and then return? Never return?
    Merely asking that question made me realise that actually you wouldn't stand a chance unless you were rich enough to be able to afford a car, hotels, and old enough to get a job. And in that case, as Huntroyde said, you wouldn't really be running away!
    If I were that desparate and going to run away as a broke 14 year old etc, I'd take a blanket, food, as much money as possible, and probably something to protect myself.

Thanks in advance for helping with my research

Love Pinkfairy xxx
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by pinkfairy)
    1)Have you ever run away?

2) Have you ever contemplated it when things got bad?

3) Do you see yourself being the type who would?

4) If you did run away from home, what would you take with you and why? What would be your plans...i.e would you go away for a brief period and then return? Never return?

Thanks in advance for helping with my research

Love Pinkfairy xxx
    1) yup - I was 5/6 and not allowed to cross the road so I kept walking all the way round the block :rolleyes: I was very put out to find that noone had noticed.

2) not really - not since then...at least not seriously just in the whole teenage hormone induced "THEN they'd be sorry" context

3) no

4) a shedload of cash, a sleeping bag and warm clothes...oh and some bin bags and gaffer tape. I wouldn't take any ID or a phone.

ReputationRep:
    I did, when I was five I walked mud in the house all over the white carpet and so my mum let my brother have my chocolate lollipop, now you can imagine the mental distress this caused...so I stomped upstairs and packed a little bag. Walked downstairs, declared I was leaving and made it to the front gates....I was too short to open them- foiled again :rolleyes:
    Countless times I told my Father I was running away and when he said "go on then" I kind of thought about it and walked off quietly....

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.