The Student Room Group

A level choices~help

I've recently finished year 11 and will be in enrolling in sixth form in under a month but still can't decide what a levels to take and am completely stressing out.
I'm really wanting to do medicine especially after attending a taster day on it yesterday and my definite choices are biology, chemistry and physics but we have to take 4. I know maths really helps with physics so feel like I should take it but I really don't like it. I love history and really want to take it but am concerned I will struggle to do the physics without maths and was wondering if anyone had any advice?
Thankyou in advance! :smile:
Btw~I don't know if this makes any difference but my predicted grades are mainly A*s
Maths isn't necessary for physics, and definitely don't take it unless you are good and can get an A. Basically you already have three strong subjects so just pick another one which you enjoy and are likely to get an A/A* in
Original post by mollysnape1
I've recently finished year 11 and will be in enrolling in sixth form in under a month but still can't decide what a levels to take and am completely stressing out.
I'm really wanting to do medicine especially after attending a taster day on it yesterday and my definite choices are biology, chemistry and physics but we have to take 4. I know maths really helps with physics so feel like I should take it but I really don't like it. I love history and really want to take it but am concerned I will struggle to do the physics without maths and was wondering if anyone had any advice?
Btw~I don't know if this makes any difference but my predicted grades are mainly A*s

Yep you need to do maths, especially if you're doing physics. It also helps with chemistry in A2 sooo I strongly recommend it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do Biology,Chemistry +2 academic subjects you are genuinely interested in.
Original post by mollysnape1

Hi mollysnape1

In terms of going on to study medicine, the subjects you have already decided on are great choices. Chemistry is essential for going on to study medicine, with Biology being strongly recommended. Physics is a good choice if you are considering Oxbridge due to the theoretical nature of the course.

What you choose for a fourth subject is entirely up to you and you should make your decision based on what you enjoy. Therefore, if you love History, go for that... you are much more likely to get the results you want in a subject that you enjoy!

I hope that is of some use... do give me a shout if you have any questions I can help with.

UniAdmissions
Reply 5
Thankyou so much this has really helped! Just keep my fingers crossed I get the GCSE results to do them now. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending