Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. Does anyone have any examples of essays that are pass, merit and distinction for an access course, preferably in a humanities subject if possible but any would be helpful. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=KMLeeson;66693572]Hello. Does anyone have any examples of essays that are pass, merit and distinction for an access course, preferably in a humanities subject if possible but any would be helpful. Thank you!

Hey!

I am in the same boat as you. I am starting an access to social science humanities this september. And I just like you, would like some imput on how to gain those top marks from essays.

I am so nervous that nervous I may put access off for another year.

Posted from TSR Mobil

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Craig Beardsley;66706686]
    (Original post by KMLeeson)
    Hello. Does anyone have any examples of essays that are pass, merit and distinction for an access course, preferably in a humanities subject if possible but any would be helpful. Thank you!

Hey!

I am in the same boat as you. I am starting an access to social science humanities this september. And I just like you, would like some imput on how to gain those top marks from essays.

I am so nervous that nervous I may put access off for another year.

Posted from TSR Mobil
    Firstly, don't stress. The sort of person who makes the effort of looking to improve themselves by finding advice to get top marks will do fine on an access course. I posted an advice guide here.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4235908

Have a read and let me know if you have any more questions

ReputationRep:
    I just completed access to health and social care, we covered biology (I did one essay in this as it was mainly exams and posters), psychology and sociology, there were 45 credits and I gained 42 credits at distinction and 3 at merit. I'm happy to share some with you if you PM your email address.

I would advise you get acquainted with doing PEE statements point, evidence, explain! http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks3/en...er/revision/6/

getting used to connective words such as furthermore, however, moreover, in contrast is a good idea too!

try not to stress too much about referencing, it may seem daunting at first but you will get used to it!

ReputationRep:
    I've just completed access and honestly, you don't need to have all this information before you start. The course is designed to help mature students adapt back into education, and they give you all the information you need to gain your top grades. I qualified with full distinctions and my tutor and teachers helped all the way. Just tell them that you are aiming for high results and I'm sure they'll get you there. It's a fab course, go for it and enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    I've just done access to humanities, best course I've ever done! Looking through my work at the start of the course and then towards the end, and seeing the standards improve is pretty cool!! The course is designed to bring out the best in people so no need to worry, you'll love it xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayonaise87)
    I've just done access to humanities, best course I've ever done! Looking through my work at the start of the course and then towards the end, and seeing the standards improve is pretty cool!! The course is designed to bring out the best in people so no need to worry, you'll love it xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for you feed back!

How did you get onlong with doing presentations?

And

Are you going to university this year?

ReputationRep:
    Presentations weren't as bad as everyone thought and we all got through it. Everyone is equally as petrified to those!
    Yes, I'll be starting uni next month to do linguistics with English lit X

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.