The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:yy: haha! I would touch them :colone: that's cool :yep:
What?! I am not sure if you just bashed your elbow at the keyboard or if there are wierd boxes of these things but no, he drew scenarios on a board and named things x, A, p0 (atm pressure) and then applied theorems such as 1/2mv^2=Ek density etc. to derive certain equations and he demonstrated some things such as the pressure related thing where you can get a straw to suck up water from a jug and pour into another jug
was awesome :yy:

Sorry my internet is dying, i'll make pinta if it resurrects itself
man I was so looking forward to this game :bawling:
EDIT: PLag i can't count so now u need to edit your number
sorryyyyy

dxdydz = box of infinitesimal dimensions dx, dy and dz.

Original post by Plagioclase
dxdydz = box of infinitesimal dimensions dx, dy and dz.

oh ok. Yeah we didn't do it with that :rofl: I don't know if you picked that up :rofl:
105,681 :tongue:
how was your day? Did it rock? XD
I had a great day!

Whats your favourite food?
oh ok. Yeah we didn't do it with that :rofl: I don't know if you picked that up :rofl:
105,681 :tongue:
how was your day? Did it rock? XD

Not really, it was rather boring malheuresement!

Original post by Wirefox
I had a great day!
Whats your favourite food?

Good to hear! :yy:
Oh obviously

Spoiler

Original post by Plagioclase
Not really, it was rather boring malheuresement!

:frown: well it's about to become exciting pinta :jive: :dance: :party:
when my internet stops randomly doing this --> urghhhh.png
Original post by Matrix123
Ohh I see. That'll be awesome if you do get the chance to do those things!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, it will be - if I don't get it done tomorrow, I'll get it done on Monday :smile:

This is quite long, gonna have to bear with me... :wink:

:wink: It was ok lol. I had 3 lectures. The day was Physical sciences not just physics :rofl:I had one on Medicinal Chemistry which was a bit dull ngl, I prefer the other parts to Chemistry :wink:
Then there was one on Earth Sciences - particularly how the history of the oceans and the currents and stuff can be found from sedimentary deposits and their makeup @Plagioclase it's right up your street m8 :yep: (but I nearly fell asleep - the pretty pictures of their trip to Antarctica was the only thing stopping me from flat out kipping :rofl:)
The final one was on fluid Physics - this really really really weird Professor just derived a ton of simple equations and stuff. It was cool, dull and interesting at the same time.

Cor, that sounds like an informative and good day :smile: Physical Sciences? Sounds good and varied :smile:
Medicinal Chemistry - I take it, that is a cross between Chemistry and some areas in Biology? Does Medicines come under Biology or Chemistry?
Earth Sciences - that's more like some of the stuff in Geography isn't it? If my memory is correct!
Fluid Physics? Sounds interesting. Yeah, quite a lot to do with Physics (and related stuff) concerns deriving equations - you have to remember them and commit the fundamentals to memory, then you can derive stuff nicely :smile:

Then lunch :yy: love me some food I do
Then a talk on Personal Statements :afraid:
Then I met another TSR user before getting the train home :smile:

Awesome, hope they had some nice food places there!
Hmmm, personal statements? They always come in handy, especially in regards to UCAS applications!
Aww, that was nice! I haven't met any TSR'ians in real life (not that I think, anyway) but maybe one day - I have my list of people that it would be awesome to meet up with :smile:

Pretty good. I still prefer Oxford and think I am still more interested in Chemistry :wink: My 1.5 taster day of Chemistry on the 20th will definitely confirm this for me :wink:
:console: oh spotify :jumphug: grades aren't everything dude, i think you're awesome so just keep that up m8 :yy:
I've been predicted A*AA so fingers crossed. I don't know whether I'd come close to an Oxford offer though but Durham is somewhere I'd like to go as much as Oxford so :wink:LOOOOOOOOLHow did I get that number so wrong :rofl: Sorry Spotify :rofl: Told you I couldn't count :toofunny:

Okay, please let me know who your Chemistry day goes :smile: You'll probably enjoy it, and if you do, then Chemistry is what you should apply for :smile:
I know, and that year, there were a few iffy areas as well - for example, I ended up doing the C3 Edexcel exam in June 2013 that hit headlines... and that resulted in a fail in one of my Physics exams, as I had that the same day. :frown: Core 4 Maths wasn't long after that, which wasn't great either :frown:
Aww, thanks for the compliment! :hugs: I know, had it not been for those events I'd have likely got BCC for A Levels, instead of CCD. But what really matters is that I got a university course that I have enjoyed, and I got a good grade in it :smile:
Ooh, that's good news :smile: If you get at least A*AA then you should have a chance at Oxford :smile: If not, Durham does sound like a good university :smile: You'll be fine! :smile:

Nevermind, we all mess up sometimes!
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spotify95
Yep, it will be - if I don't get it done tomorrow, I'll get it done on Monday :smile:

Fair enough, and good plan! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending