Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. So I'm interested in being a vet. However I'm struggling to find work experience and so I was wondering if anyone had any lambing/ piggery/ poultry contacts they could pass on to me? It can be anywhere and I can drive now! Yay!

Also I'd be happy to pass on any contacts I know of if anyone is looking. I know lots of equine/ dairy/ wildlife/ small animals

Many thanks Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student_118)
    Hi everyone. So I'm interested in being a vet. However I'm struggling to find work experience and so I was wondering if anyone had any lambing/ piggery/ poultry contacts they could pass on to me? It can be anywhere and I can drive now! Yay!

Also I'd be happy to pass on any contacts I know of if anyone is looking. I know lots of equine/ dairy/ wildlife/ small animals

Many thanks Laura
    Lambing: http://www.nationalsheep.org.uk/next...ng-experience/
    The list will open later in the year, but it's great. I've used it for all my lambing placements.

Where are you from? I'm looking for dairy experience but can't find anything near me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    As Nessie162 said, check the lambing list in October/November. It's probably a bit too early to start organising that now.

With respect to the others, you could try contacting some agricultural colleges (they'll have their own animals but if they can't take you then they might have contacts for places that will). Otherwise you can try looking on farming forums, or contacting slaughterhouses to see if they can give you some contacts (unlikely buy worth a try).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.