Cycling causing impotence Watch

Music_Enthusiast
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hiya. There was this program on TV the other night called Sin Cities.. they were looking at the sex scene in Rome.

Anyway they got onto the topic of penis surgery and an Italian doctor said they have a number of cases where professional cyclists develop ED due to the nature of their work. Is this possible!? I'm worried because I do a fair bi of cycling. :confused:

EDIT: just realised this should be in the health section, could someone move it please.
Music_Enthusiast
Rep:
?
(Original post by History_Boys)
Yes, i saw it on another program on channel 4 a few weeks back. Apparently if you do like mountain biking or BMXing and are bumping up and down a lot it can damage your testicles which can affect your sperm count. The program was called embarrassing illnesses or something. But anyway, one of them that got tested had practically a 0 sperm count. It's fine with normal biking, just not mad up and down biking.
I love that program . Ok cool, so being in a city shouldn't lead to much damage.. unless I get run over. Thanks
wear_a_condom
Report 11 years ago
squashed balls doesnt it hurt? not good
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It can cause impotence, but mainly if you do it a certain number of hours a day. I wouldn't worry if you do it a few times a week.
ch0c0h01ic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think i read that 15-30mins 3 days a week is enough to severely affect your fertility, and, over a long period of time, full impotence.

Most cycling saddles don't support your 'sit bones' so most of the pressure of your weight is focused on more sensitive areas, reducing the blood flow to your sex organs. You can get special supportive seats (about Β£30ish) which look a bit weird, but are specially made to protect your fertility and be more comfortable. Also, gel and spongy saddles can be even worse than normal saddles at causing infertility as you sink into them, putting more pressure on your more intimate areas.
Keith Lemon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought it was more the longer distance road riders and mountain bikers that get it, due to sitting on the saddle for such long periods, if not I better be more careful when riding :s
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh blimey. I bike about 4 miles to work each day (well, for the nest 5 weeks) and then most of the times 3 miles to college. Still, most of its road cycling, so not to bad I spose. I'll have a look at one those saddles though, I use a super thin racing saddle :s not good I daresay.
</gibberish>
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
1-1:30 4-5 days a week + 30 mins every morning paper-round, the former being jump/mtb.... oh crap, does anyone have a link to an article on this?
Ducki
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ye gods! Ive just googled for 'anatomical saddle' and the cheapest one ive found is Β£60!! Would it just be cheaper to *** in a jar and freeze it instead?
</gibberish>
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Much cheaper, but you may get some funny questions from your parents/future wife.
'Hey lets have kids', 'Sure, hes my frozen sperm from when i was 17':rolleyes:
bnz
Report 11 years ago
:eek: :eek: Oh My God ! I used to ride bicycle a lot. :confused: :confused:
fettucini
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by duckiciao)
Ye gods! Ive just googled for 'anatomical saddle' and the cheapest one ive found is Β£60!! Would it just be cheaper to *** in a jar and freeze it instead?

Oh my god, that's the funniest thing ever, I can just imagine someone cumming in a jar and putting it in the freezer It's such a funny image!
sarCAZm
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was under the impression that Professional Cyclists all ended up quite the opposite...crazy horny with the sexual appetite of a wolf surrounded by *****es on heat. Did Marco Pantani lie to me?

edit|| I like the way that sounded as if Marco Pantani told me he was a horny *******. I read it :s
Ducki
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
On the other hand, my grandad biked to school and work for about 40-50 years, and hes got 4 kids.
Music_Enthusiast
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarCAZm)
I was under the impression that Professional Cyclists all ended up quite the opposite...crazy horny with the sexual appetite of a wolf surrounded by *****es on heat. Did Marco Pantani lie to me?

edit|| I like the way that sounded as if Marco Pantani told me he was a horny *******. I read it :s
Maybe they're horny because they can't.. you know.
Joric
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Shreerac27)
Hiya. There was this program on TV the other night called Sin Cities.. they were looking at the sex scene in Rome.

Anyway they got onto the topic of penis surgery and an Italian doctor said they have a number of cases where professional cyclists develop ED due to the nature of their work. Is this possible!? I'm worried because I do a fair bi of cycling. :confused:

EDIT: just realised this should be in the health section, could someone move it please.
I don't think that you need to worry.
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by History_Boys)
But anyway, one of them that got tested had practically a 0 sperm count. It's fine with normal biking, just not mad up and down biking.
You're ignoring that the rest of them (4 or 5) were perfectly normal, so the guy with the low count may have a different problem.
sarCAZm
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Shreerac27)
Maybe they're horny because they can't.. you know.
poor boys'll explode
Keith Lemon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think it's more the profesional roadie/xc riders who will get the problems as they are training for hours and hours each day, so I doubt an or so sat on a saddle will do much, as for bmx/mtb, i guess it's the times when you land conviniently on your toptube , or happen to fall off a rail and land with the rail being between your legs... Not nice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1375)
79.53%
Leave (354)
20.47%

Watched Threads