Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I want to see my exam paper to see what I did wrong. My uni doesn't allow me to. Is there anything that can be done?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exam scripts themselves are exempt from the Data Protection Act, but comments markers have written on them aren't. This means that you can request the information markers have written (whether written on the script or on a separate document) but not the scripts themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Ask your Student Union. Different unis can have different rules. My undergrad uni was the same as yours, but my Masters uni handed all undergrad exam papers back with feedback, the same as assessed coursework.

ReputationRep:
    I asked MANY people, my tutor, the uni management etc and they don't do anything. Can I somehow force them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verier)
    I asked MANY people, my tutor, the uni management etc and they don't do anything. Can I somehow force them?
    What has your Student Union said? They are there to represent you and help with this type of thing.

ReputationRep:
    is it really going to be that helpful? your lecturer should be able to give you some basic feedback, any feedback you have been given is likely to be specific to this exam and in my experience different lecturers mark their exams/want different things anyway
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by verier)
    Hi
    I want to see my exam paper to see what I did wrong. My uni doesn't allow me to. Is there anything that can be done?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately, many if not many, all UK unis are like this because exam scripts and responses are legally owned and bound by the uni so you're not allowed to have a look at them.

However, you should get in contact with your tutor for that module, maybe a module or programme leader and ask for feedback or the comments that were made on your exam script.

If they point-blank refuse, then contact your Student Union; usually Academic Welfare or Education Officer and email them detailing the problem.

As a student of the uni, you have rights to feedback of work and it should be part of your student regulations. So check the unis site for this.

Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.