The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

1st year Biochemistry past papers?

Hi! :biggrin:
I was wondering if anyone had some 1st year biochemistry past papers (so sorry to bother you with exams during the holidays >< )? I can’t log into BlackBoard yet…
I'm coming to Imperial to do my 2nd year in biochem via Erasmus (so please excuse my poor English :s-smilie: ), and I would like to see what the exams look like :h:
And if any 2nd year biochemist is looking for a new friend (pleasepleaseplease) I'm right here :elefant:

Thanks!
Hello :h: I'm not sure how much I can help you, but I saw you hadn't had any replies yet so I thought this was better than nothing!

I'll be starting my third year doing Biology in October, which we have as a common year with the biochemists. The first two years are different though, but I think we have a similar exam structure because we all have to do the same in the third year! Our first year papers we made up of 40 multiple choice questions (40%), one essay from a choice of around four (40%) and a data interpretation question (20%) and they were all three hours long. In the second year the January exams had multiple choice questions and two essays (I think it was 50% for both sections) and the summer exams either had multiple choice questions and two essays like the summer or four essays (25% each), depending on the options we chose. However, I don't think the biochemists get to pick options until the third year, but they may have changed that!

Hope this helps a bit! Don't worry about making friends, I knew a girl doing Erasmus in my year and she never had a problem making friends. As long as you make an effort to talk to people you'll be fine, it's not like at school where you have friendship groups that ignore everyone else! :h:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Firefly13
Hello :h: I'm not sure how much I can help you, but I saw you hadn't had any replies yet so I thought this was better than nothing!

I'll be starting my third year doing Biology in October, which we have as a common year with the biochemists. The first two years are different though, but I think we have a similar exam structure because we all have to do the same in the third year! Our first year papers we made up of 40 multiple choice questions (40%), one essay from a choice of around four (40%) and a data interpretation question (20%) and they were all three hours long. In the second year the January exams had multiple choice questions and two essays (I think it was 50% for both sections) and the summer exams either had multiple choice questions and two essays like the summer or four essays (25% each), depending on the options we chose. However, I don't think the biochemists get to pick options until the third year, but they may have changed that!

Hope this helps a bit! Don't worry about making friends, I knew a girl doing Erasmus in my year and she never had a problem making friends. As long as you make an effort to talk to people you'll be fine, it's not like at school where you have friendship groups that ignore everyone else! :h:

Thank you! It helps a lot :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending