Are UCAS points of any importance these days?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Most courses require a certain amount of points but when you actually ask them the grades are more important...what's the point in stating the number of UCAS points required for a specific course?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
Most courses require a certain amount of points but when you actually ask them the grades are more important...what's the point in stating the number of UCAS points required for a specific course?
Its because there are different qualifcations you could have, its easier than listing grades for lots of different courses.

I tink it just makes it easier on universities.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
It acts as a general guide, also some universities simply have Ucas points for their requirements rather than certain grades in certain qualifications.
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some uni's only state UCAS points instead of grades, and some state UCAS points and grades. That means uni's that only state UCAS points don't mind what kind of grades you get as long those grades add up to the correct amount of tariff points. Some uni's want particular grades add up to get that amount of tariff points ( e.g. if they say 200 tariff points, they might want CD or DD, or something along the lines).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
19.07%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.71%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (67)
18.26%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
21.25%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (38)
10.35%
I haven't started researching yet (38)
10.35%

Watched Threads