Why are sexual offences considered as basic intent

Watch
username1396673
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey there I read in my text books that s.3 and s. 1 of the sexual offences act are one of basic intent crimes. But what I don't understand is that this requires intent not recklessness.

Can someone explain?
username1396673
Rep:
?
Help!! Someone help and also in relation to section 63 sexual offences act : tresspass with intent I comitt a sexual offence
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Highfiveyou)
Hey there I read in my text books that s.3 and s. 1 of the sexual offences act are one of basic intent crimes. But what I don't understand is that this requires intent not recklessness.

Can someone explain?
As I remember it (and I have never studied law), basic intent can involve either intent to commit the crime or recklessness as to whether the act is a crime, with no ulterior intent. The point is that these crimes are not ones of specific intent, unlike a crime designated as aggravated, say, where the intent goes beyond the act.

Read: http://www.lawteacher.net/resources/...ific-basic.php
username1396673
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
As I remember it (and I have never studied law), basic intent can involve either intent to commit the crime or recklessness as to whether the act is a crime, with no ulterior intent. The point is that these crimes are not ones of specific intent, unlike a crime designated as aggravated, say, where the intent goes beyond the act.

Read: http://www.lawteacher.net/resources/...ific-basic.php
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
14.01%
I'm not sure (29)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (196)
31.56%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.09%
I'm not a current university student (296)
47.67%

Watched Threads