Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am looking for a job to take me through until October time. I'm really prepared to try most things but I think I would have a preference for working in a book store like Waterstones or something of that nature. Please can people give me some ideas, past experiences etc. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    You are in the same poition as me and im finding it really difficult to get work.........!!!

ReputationRep:
    Jobs seem so hard to get, I'd just start applying for anything and everything to be honest! Any experience is good experience, from cleaning to admin work and anything inbetween.

Good luck. Check jobcentreplus.gov.uk daily and look around town/in local papers etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in exactly the same situation... Surely it has to be the 6 weeks I'm offering to work though. I've got an interview at Greggs on the 24th and I'm just applying applying applying. I will do anything :laugh: I just struggle for where to look.

ReputationRep:
    I need to do this, but I can only really work from mid August until the end of September. I might just end up getting a paper round or something. I can't find much either really, though I am not surprised. Is it best to ask around in shops, or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMoore)
    Hi guys, I am looking for a job to take me through until October time. I'm really prepared to try most things but I think I would have a preference for working in a book store like Waterstones or something of that nature. Please can people give me some ideas, past experiences etc. Thank you.

I've handed a CV to both Waterstones and Ottakers (well, until they were taken over :p:) every single Xmas/Summer/Easter since I was 15. I'm now 18 and I've never once been called...:rolleyes:
    Anyway. Have you thought about doing general skivvy stuff in an office - just doing the boring things like sharpening pencils and photocopying? If you've got any experience it's worth trying a temping agency.

Otherwise, there's always Sainsburys... :]

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.