Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A priest offered up his shower to a refugee who needed it, after availing himself of the kind offer the refugee tried to rob the priest by demanding money, when it wasn't forthcoming the 'refugee' proceeded to stab the priest. The elderly man was rushed to hospital but his injuries aren't thought to be life threatening.

The Mayor of Lanaken has made a public statement that "this can't be linked to terrorism" so it's not so bad I guess :dontknow:

"A priest has been stabbed in his own home when he allegedly refused to give an asylum seeker money after letting him use his shower.Father Jos Vanderlee, 65, suffered injuries to his hands and tendons during the incident at his property in Lanaken, Belgium.The asylum seeker knocked on the pastor's door to ask for help and whether he could use his shower, reports Belgian newspaper"

"Prosecutors said the incident happened at around 2.40pm local time on Sunday and the attacker is said to have fled the scene.Authorities in Belgium have launched an investigation but they have stressed that the incident can't be linked to terrorism at this stage. Marino Keulen, the mayor of Lanaken, said: 'Despite the fact that we are shocked, we must stress that this incident can not be linked to terrorist acts at this stage of the investigation.'"
    http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20160731_02406263

ReputationRep:
    the guy got clean away after his shower

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    English link below.
    https://www.rt.com/news/354109-refug...riest-belgium/

Honestly what will it take for Europe's (predominantly Germany's) open-door, naive immigration policy to change? It disgusts me to see Europe being destroyed by these scum - yet they just sit by and let it happen.

#Merkelmussweg

At least it wasn't a pregnant woman who was stabbed this time...

ReputationRep:
    Deport that refugee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    At least it wasn't a pregnant woman who was stabbed this time...
    And it wasn't terrorism, clearly things are looking up... just as well, these doom and gloom stories were beginning to get me down.

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Deport that refugee.
    I will bet my all my rep gems that he will not be deported

ReputationRep:
    I will bet my all my rep gems that he will not be deported
    Nope he'd be given counselling instead.

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Nope he'd be given counselling instead.
    Or maybe they'll just hand out 'Don't Stab Me' bracelets to priests?

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe they'll just hand out 'Don't Stab Me' bracelets to priests?
    Stab proof vests, with a german translated copy of the Quran too I'd assume?It'd be racist not to after all..
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    angela murkel intends for this to happen - that's why she's keeping on with her "refugee" plans

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.