Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    Hey there!

    I have firmly accepted my unconditional over at Abertay University for Biomedical Science. Originally, I wanted to attend the University of Dundee for that same course but they were full when I wanted to apply through Extra and told me I could attend another institution and transfer later.
    Now, that course showed up on Clearing - it's however a Widening Access program where you start at Dundee and Angus College in the first year and have a guarantee to continue at the University of Dundee in Year 2.
    Is it better to try transferring from Abertay University (I'd also be interested in transferring to Aberdeen and Edinburgh) or should I go for that Clearing choice?

    Thank you .
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    If it were me I'd just go for Abertay.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    If it were me I'd just go for Abertay.
    Why?
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    Maybe another opinion?
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    If you see something on clearing that you prefer you might as well try
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnydespair)
    If you see something on clearing that you prefer you might as well try
    Is there any risk that I might end up in Clearing and lose my current offer?
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sami2k16)
    Is there any risk that I might end up in Clearing and lose my current offer?
    In order to be in Clearing, you have to have no other offer. You either gave it up or you failed to meet the requirements.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    In order to be in Clearing, you have to have no other offer. You either gave it up or you failed to meet the requirements.
    I have firmly accepted my offer. I'd ask them to release me, but the risk is too high of I had to give up my offer first.
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sami2k16)
    I have firmly accepted my offer. I'd ask them to release me, but the risk is too high of I had to give up my offer first.
    Then you have made your choice.
 
 
 
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.