Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Remark or Resit or Appeal? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just received my dissertation grade and fell from first to 2:1. My dissertation was quite good but both the supervisor and reader failed me on the basis that the artefact (BSc comp sci) was not complete. By the way, physical artefact isn not as important as explanation. However, he also claims that I didn't explain it but it was all in the dissertation. The problem is that I am a mitigating student (university didn't provide support for my physical disability), and I am now being rolled over for January 2017 retake (meaning I miss graduating this year and I lose my place for masters at a different uni). The issue is that for one part of the entire project I need to upload my work for January session and then wait an entire year for graduation. I contacted the SU at my uni but they told me because both reader and supervisor agreed on the same mark, nothing can be done. However, my supervisor left university and my reader does not really like me and he automatically becomes my supervisor next yr.

Appealing this process might not help me but I am still going for it since I have nothing to lose. Anyone else in the same situation or am I the only one in this mess?

ReputationRep:
    Your SU is generally the best place to go for this sort of thing, if they say nothing can be done they're probably right. You should think about whether it's worth all the stress of contesting it. Ensure you have the right support for next year and request a change of supervisor (although I doubt it's going to be an issue as this person will have professional integrity) and just work on sorting it out. You can't have actually had a good dissertation if you failed it...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.