The Student Room Group

Painful sex

After almost 8 months of sex with bf it still hurts . But why?
Its more of a pleasure surprise shock pain but, im not sure if its because im pretty tight in the downstairs region.
I think should make an appointment with your OBGYN ASAP
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you wet enough before he starts doing stuff?

If not - lube.
If you have been having sex for almost eight months, I would be surprised if it didn't hurt!
Reply 4
Original post by sugarflower
Are you wet enough before he starts doing stuff?

If not - lube.

I was wet and extremely aroused. that's why i'm confused
Reply 5
Original post by Unown Uzer
If you have been having sex for almost eight months, I would be surprised if it didn't hurt!

It did but not as much as this time, like there was a big difference and it isn't daily. Only thing I know that could affect it was being away from him for 3 weeks so.. could have effected me in someway.. I don't know
This is probably more common than people make it out to be. Everyone has this preconceived idea that the first time is supposed to hurt and then it feels like rainbows and fireworks. That's not actually what happens. A hymen doesn't always break through losing your virginity, it could break earlier or just stretch each time. If you're nervous (even subconciously) you may tense up without knowing. You need to use loads of lube, find a position that is most comfortable and make sure you do LOADS of foreplay. The more often you do it the less it'll hurt, but never feel pressured into carrying on if it's not comfortable.
Original post by Anonymous
It did but not as much as this time, like there was a big difference and it isn't daily. Only thing I know that could affect it was being away from him for 3 weeks so.. could have effected me in someway.. I don't know

I know it hurts for me when I haven't had anything up there for a while so that could be it.

When you do it again just take it a little slower so you can adjst, if it still hurts you could go to your local GUM clinic.
Original post by Anonymous

Perhaps you should try loosening it up in your free time, first starting off by penetrating with one finger, and if that does not hurt try two fingers, then progressively larger objects so you can get used to the sensation?
Reply 9
Original post by Unown Uzer
Perhaps you should try loosening it up in your free time, first starting off by penetrating with one finger, and if that does not hurt try two fingers, then progressively larger objects so you can get used to the sensation?

Yeah, i'll probably do that more often now, went without it for 3 weeks. But, I see how it can help now.
Original post by sugarflower
I know it hurts for me when I haven't had anything up there for a while so that could be it.

When you do it again just take it a little slower so you can adjst, if it still hurts you could go to your local GUM clinic.

You're probably right, and tbh 3 weeks is the longest we've gone so, yeah, I think that's why.
It definitely hurts for me when I haven't seen my boyfriend for a while (wow I'm excited for ling distance:frown:) so it could just be that it's not used to having to accommodate things up there
12 year old here. :jive:
Original post by plsn0ban *_*
12 year old here. :jive:

:rofl: :rofl:
Might want to get checked out, but it's more common than you think. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending